Flatline ESD Coin Mech Stuck After Impact...

bulkjake

I have a few of these where the sticker machines were knocked over or hit with a blunt object and the coin mech is in the locked, inserted 'out of order position' as if there is a bent quarter stuck only there isn't. This is with or without the top weight and bar or tatoos installed or removed. Is there a way to reset these without taking them apart completely? I push forward and pull back... Nothing. The mech will not budge.

Others may know of a way to reset.

But, just curious: Why don't you want to take it apart?

Those things are super easy to work on -- and I'm no Mr. Fix-It.

If you have ever changed the price on a coin mech you are already somewhat familiar with how easy the mechs are to disassemble and reassemble.

If you never have, this jammed mech is a good time to learn.

It won't be the last time you have to take one apart -- they are hardy mechs, but people put all kinds of stuff in mine that result in my having to take them apart to fix now and again.

They take a lick and keep going best thing is to take a part and play with it. Are they falling over on location is so try to see why. That's a liability

No they are not falling over by themselves. One was hit by a car...and the mech was tweaked/bent enough to hang up. Burglars knocked the other one over. After some prying, bending, and (taking apart the mechs) I was able to get them all going.

Archived