Good buy or not?

kdub3821

Woah!  What's up with all of these people selling Vendstars for so much?! :huh:   The sales look good (if they are accurate) but $1200 is ridiculous.  If the seller can prove the numbers, I would offer around $500.  The machines aren't worth more than about $150, but the locations are, and you could possibly upgrade some of them to more profitable set-ups.

Forget the fact that they are vendstars, it's irrelevant.  We don't buy machines, we buy locations.  So it looks like $270/month on average.  I generally try to pay 3-4 months gross for bulk locations putting my ROI at 6-8 months, so $810-$1,080 is our benchmark.  That being said, I'm willing to pay more than that for premium locations (and a vendstar tickling 100 bucks a month qualifies).  So this is worth every bit $1,200.  If for nothing other than I could do some small racks with GB and toys at a few of these places and raise the gross by 50% a month.  

I'd initially offer $700 to see where he's at and try to meet at $1,000.  If he digs his heals in - I would personally pay the $1,200 if that $100/month loc is a family restaurant and he's the sole vendor there.  $100/month vendstar with no competition is a location that's just begging to be plucked by a real vendor.  You put a rack in there and you could do $200-$250 easy.  

He will not let me go on a service run with him. How can I really get proof that the numbers are right?

I would check his route sheets.  If they look legitimate, then that should suffice.  If he doesn't even have a route sheet, then I wouldn't believe him, personally.  You have to take into consideration that you could lose some or even all of these locations at any time, so that's always something to consider when negotiating a price.

Offer to give him a noncompete nondisclosure agreement. Explain that him asking you to buy them sight unseen is not that different than buying a used car without looking at it.

Agree beforehand that you will come with him as his helper and have no contact with the point of contact, you can do that on the next service when you do the changeover.

He will not let me go on a service run with him. How can I really get proof that the numbers are right?

You cant, he could always "salt" the locations. Ask him for his receipts for product its probably about the only verification you will get.

If he's not willing to provide some kind of PROOF of his earnings (tax statements, commission receipts, etc) AND he's unwilling to let you run the route with him, then do not factor the earnings into your offer.

Just make an offer on the equipment....if you are inclined to buy Vendstar.

Bottom line: If he's unwilling to offer proof of his earnings, you should not be willing to pay for them.

I recently read where the average trivend madkes 15.00 a month. you can use that as part of your equation to purchase an existng route, like everyone is sayng its more about the locations that the equipment.

Archived