gum opinions

SeaTurtle Vending

Of my 275 or so heads I have out, about 90% are nerds gumballs. On one of my routes Saturday a customer asked for chiclet style gum. I told I would look into it. I did find some from Sams online that looks like a similar price point to gumballs at 10 per vend. I was thinking 8 or 9 per vend.

It got me thinking about my business model a bit. Would this be a more profitable gum to go with or should I at least bring it into the arsenal. I am simply looking for your opinions on it. What have you noticed about its sales, type of gum used (I know ford gum is popular). etc...

We use double bubble. The problem with chickle gum is the mess. Use to get a ton of complaints from them being all over the foor. The good thing about them is adults really like them for themselves and for the young kids (to prevent choking).

I've tried tab gum in many different types of locations.

They rarely did better than gumballs for me.

The gb sold far and away better than tab gum almost every time.

I still do tab gum in some spots, rotating it in and out...but that's just because it gives me another low cost alternative to regular gb.

But, I wouldn't ever consider replacing gb with tab gum permanently anywhere.

The drop in sales would be unavoidable.

I do't know what it is but gumballs didn't do squat for me so I took them out for about six months now. Changed some to chicle tab and they seemed to do a little better. Going to introduce g b back into my accts to see if sales might come back for them. I think chicle tab has it areas to be in and will always have some out.

Archived