pepsi machine not working properly

doitmyself

hi,

I do not who else to ask,so i hope you can help me.

I recently purchase a full size pepsi machine from the 1980s and it does not seem to work .

It gets cold ,the lights light up but I can not seem to make the motors that dispense  the cans turn.

I removed the coin mech.,which is a coinco 790-7 (903030),but I do not know how to test it,I did set the payment switches to all OFF hoping to make it work,but no luck

I am thinking,that there must be a way to by pass the coin mech,to see if it will operate correctly.

The machine itself is a vendo O1c 4758 BG,,,sales model V475,,serial number 8df 05175g

I would appreciate any help you can offer.

thank you

also can it be tested with the door open?

Do you have enough product in any one column that holds down the sold out paddle in that column?  If all columns are empty the machine won't accept any money and all your sold out lights in the selection buttons will be on.  You can hold down a sold out paddle to simulate the product and then drop coins in and push the button for that selection to work. 

Does your coin mech reject all coins?  Setting all the pricing switches to off will not give you a free vend - single price coin mechs don't work that way.  If you set a price in the mech, say turning switches 2 and 4 on to equal .50, then drop 2 quarters in and if the coins aren't rejected, do you hear the credit relay click as it sets the credit?  The credit relay is the 2" square box plugged in next to where the coin mech plugs in to the machine.  It will energize when the coin mech sends a signal to it that enough money was accepted to meet the vend price.  It then holds the credit until a vend cycle is started. 

If you have product in the machine and the coin mech rejects all coins you could have a bad coin mech, a jammed motor, a bad motor switch, a wiring problem in the selection panel or in the main machine harness.  The first thing to look at is a jammed motor.  You will need to post a photo of the motors in your machine; post one of all the motors and one closeup of a single motor so that when we respond you can refer to the closeup for reference.  Also tell us what model coin mech and bill acceptor you have.  The coin mech numbers you quoted before don't make sense.  On the side of the coin mech should be a label with a model number and serial number.  The serial number won't matter but the model number does.  If there is no label on it then describe it by color(s) of the plastic parts or better yet, post a photo of your coin mech and bill acceptor too.

ok,

thanks,

I will try to answer all of the things,

I do not have product in the machine,but the paddle is pushed in with a piece of cardboard.The sold out light for that column did go out.

I did set  #2and #4 to on,I put 2 quarters in and i did not hear the relay click. The coins did go through the coin mech and land in the metal bin.I did press the button for the column with the sold out light off and nothing happened.I did not expect it to though,because the relay did not click.(This is all done with the door open,is this ok?)I took pics of what you requested,there is no bill accepter . I am having problems attaching the pics.they are too big,I will try to zip them.

Check to see what price you are vending at. Switches 1=5 cents then doubles 2= 10 cents 3=20 cents 4=40 cents 5= 80 cents. The ones you turn on add together. 2 plus 4 = 50 cents..

Put cans in each column just enough to hold sold out paddle down. Now put the cluster switches on each column in the notch or valley. Deposit 50 cents and #1 should vend. If it does then deposit 50 cents again and #2 should vend. Do this until all columns have vended. 

If they all vend then your problem is in the door.

If they don't then the problem is in the cluster switch of the last one that vended or the last one that won't vend.

ok,

thanks,

I will try to answer all of the things,

I do not have product in the machine,but the paddle is pushed in with a piece of cardboard.The sold out light for that column did go out.

I did set  #2and #4 to on,I put 2 quarters in and i did not hear the relay click. The coins did go through the coin mech and land in the metal bin.I did press the button for the column with the sold out light off and nothing happened.I did not expect it to though,because the relay did not click.(This is all done with the door open,is this ok?)I took pics of what you requested,there is no bill accepter .Attached are the photos you requested.

I hope this helps you,help me.

thank you for your time.

post-7589-0-84029500-1382471931_thumb.jpg

post-7589-0-77788400-1382471957_thumb.jpg

post-7589-0-66662600-1382471970_thumb.jpg

post-7589-0-46421600-1382471979_thumb.jpg

post-7589-0-80313500-1382471987_thumb.jpg

You probably have a dead coin mech.  That is an old Coinco S75 that can no longer be repaired.  You need to replace it with one of the current single price coin mechs.  If you need one you can PM me for information. 

You can also manually run each motor by pushing the long black switch arm next to each motor switch away from the switch.  This will start the motor for one single vend and tell you if the motors are good.  You can do this on each individual motor.

You should also know that this is a Vendo lowering shelf machine which no one here advises anyone to use.  They are so old that it is very common for a column to not always drop cans properly.  When that happens you have to stop using that column.

I wanted to thank you again,your information was 100 percent dead on.

I made the switch,and it works.!!

So the coin mech is toast,just as you said.

I manually ran each of the motors,like you suggested and they all cycled.

I do have a question,you said the machine is a  Vendo lowering shelf machine .

What it is doing is,I seem to have to cycle the  motor twice to get the can to drop.

I am unsure if I loaded it with cans correctly or not.

When it cycles once,the can drops one level and the second cycle it dispenses.

It is doing this on the first two columns,I have not checked the rest yet.

thanks again

• 3 years later...
On 10/23/2013 at 4:27 PM, doitmyself said:
I wanted to thank you again,your information was 100 percent dead on.

I made the switch,and it works.!!

So the coin mech is toast,just as you said.

I manually ran each of the motors,like you suggested and they all cycled.

I do have a question,you said the machine is a  Vendo lowering shelf machine .

What it is doing is,I seem to have to cycle the  motor twice to get the can to drop.

I am unsure if I loaded it with cans correctly or not.

When it cycles once,the can drops one level and the second cycle it dispenses.

It is doing this on the first two columns,I have not checked the rest yet.

thanks again

Yes... ouch... brand new and bumping an ancient topic. Sorry guys!

I have a 90's Mountain Dew machine that we bought on CL. It's doing the same thing on all the slots. Half rotation. Two cycles to drop. Any ideas?

thank you!

Welcome to Vendiscuss!
Now, about your machine, we need to know make and model in order to know what the proper configuration should be. Should on an aluminum tag rived to the left side of the door about halfway up.

Nice looking machine. Every manufacturer is a bit different so the actual make/model would be a big help. 

If I were to guess I would say a cam setting in the motor. Are you vending cans? Most can settings are set for 2 deep. That's why you see 1/2 rotations. 

4 hours ago, Technivend said:

Nice looking machine. Every manufacturer is a bit different so the actual make/model would be a big help. 

If I were to guess I would say a cam setting in the motor. Are you vending cans? Most can settings are set for 2 deep. That's why you see 1/2 rotations. 

Thanks! That's not my blog but we have that same model and looks pretty much new :)

Ok, I haven't tried two deep. Maybe just doing that will fix the issue. Let's hope...

3 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

If you are only one product deep in the columns then adjust your motor cams to only have one open notch in the cams.

I can make it 2 deep no problem but for future knowledge how do you make the adjustment you're talking about? Think there is one big and one small open notch on the plastic wheel thing that I believe are the cams. How would you close a notch exactly?

Thanks

If the cams are red/white or grey then the cam is adjusted by loosening the screw on the face of the cam.  If the cams are brown then you pull out on the small handle of the front cam and adjust it by turning it and placing one of it's holes over the nub protruding from the rear cam.

10 hours ago, Technivend said:

This fixed it. Thank you! 

Still going to to play with adjusting for one can too when I have a chance to see how that works.

Archived