What is the best machine to...

oOghostOo

What is the best machine to reliably vend 24oz soda bottles.  If using a standard machine It would be nice to go 2 deep in columns.  Also considering glass front machine, just not sure which ones are the most reliable (older bottle drops vs. newer elevator machines).  i have seen posts stating Royal machines will vend 24oz, but no specific model listed.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

The only machine I have tried to fit 24 oz bottles two deep in was the Vendo Vmax 720.  It was a tight fit but they worked.  You should be able to do 24 oz in any Dixie Narco E model or newer, Royal GIII or newer and Vendo Vmax or newer.  You might also have success in the Vendo V511 Univendor 2 series, but you would have to experiment with it.  In the glassfront machines you will be limited by the height between the shelves, with the only issue being the top heavy 24 oz bottle wanting to fall over in the columns.  You should probably not consider the original Bevmax, but rather only look at the elevator machines - Bevmax 4 and Royal RVV.

The Vendo 721 will definitely do it, but the coke bottles are very tight!  The 720 will probably do it but I have never tried.

The modern Royal machines that vend bottles will all vend 24 oz. bottles to my knowledge, but only 1-deep just like they do with 20 oz.

All USI CB-series vendors will vend 24 oz. bottles, but I would be a little worried about the far-right column on a CB-700 because there isn't much clearence between the delivery chute and the rotor.  The cabinet inside the USI machines are very similar to Royals.

A DN 501-e will certainly do it but only 1-deep.  You would have to set it up to make a complete turn for each vend cycle.  You simply cannot put two 24 oz bottles 2-deep in a DN 501-e.

I think the new DN 640 will vend 24 oz bottles 2-deep.

The only machines that I know will vend two 24-oz bottles in a single column (for a fact) are the vendo 721 and USI CB-series, but I am 99% sure that all of the other machines will do it as I have listed.

If you want to go the glass-front route, I'm fairly sure the newer model Dixie Narco's, such as the DN5800s, can vend almost anything you can throw at them. Failing that, perhaps a Vendo VUE 40 or 30, though I heard that Coke is not leasing or servicing those anymore.

If you want to go the glass-front route, I'm fairly sure the newer model Dixie Narco's, such as the DN5800s, can vend almost anything you can throw at them. Failing that, perhaps a Vendo VUE 40 or 30, though I heard that Coke is not leasing or servicing those anymore.

Good!  I love Vendo's stack vendors but I would be surprised if anyone ever came out and claimed that the vendo vue was a good machine.

Good! I love Vendo's stack vendors but I would be surprised if anyone ever came out and claimed that the vendo vue was a good machine.

I won't claim they are good machines but I own several. If you are willing to spend the time to set them up and maintain them they are servicable. I certainly won't buy them unless the deal is incredible.

It looks like the Royal Merlin IV 20+ model (RVMCE 654 & RVMCE 780) will hold 20oz bottles 3 deep.  Does any have any first hand experience with this particular machine.  If so can you use 24oz bottles in each column (maybe doubled up in the larger rear column) or are they too short?

It looks like the Royal Merlin IV 20+ model (RVMCE 654 & RVMCE 780) will hold 20oz bottles 3 deep.  Does any have any first hand experience with this particular machine.  If so can you use 24oz bottles in each column (maybe doubled up in the larger rear column) or are they too short?

I've never heard of a machine holding bottles 3-deep.  The way most Merlins are designed from what I know, they only go 1 bottle or 2 cans per selection, no more.

The merlin 4 models 654 and 780-know as triple depth machines will vend 20oz bottles 1 deep in the front and 3 deep in the back. This is a rare vendor and high capacity machine. The 79 inch machine will hold 504 20 oz bottles!

I would stick with a vendo to vend 240z bottles-have been for years-never had a problem!

Here ya go'

http://www.royalvendors.com/royal.html

Good!  I love Vendo's stack vendors but I would be surprised if anyone ever came out and claimed that the vendo vue was a good machine.

Having worked on all Bevmax's, Vendo Vue's and Royals glassfronts. I prefer the BevMax. The Vue's electronics is cumbersome.  And if you have't had a coin jam below the coin mech you are lucky. That also goes for the Royal. Royal also. Below the coin mech going to coin box they put a curved piece in there and it is a nightmare to un jam. I had a evaporator fan motor go out and it took a month for Pepsi to get me a new one. I get there to install it and its working...... Have no idea why it wasn't for days. Never changed it and that was 3 months ago. Display quite working for days. Then once I get the display it is working.

Problems with Vue is the pusher locks back at the back of the tray and rt drivers don't make sure it releases so the bottles fall over. Vendo had some harness problems in the beginning along with some grounding on the picker cup. They had several e prom updates and rt drivers don't like to fill them.  The one thing I do like about the Vue is the cooling system is easy to remove.... YEA

I may have found a Royal RVCC660-9.  It is a Coke labeled machine, so i am waiting for the seller to get me the serial number so I can verify ownership.  Hopefully this machine can vend 24oz bottles and 16.9oz bottles reliably.  Does anybody have any opinions or concerns about a machine like this???

I may have found a Royal RVCC660-9.  It is a Coke labeled machine, so i am waiting for the seller to get me the serial number so I can verify ownership.  Hopefully this machine can vend 24oz bottles and 16.9oz bottles reliably.  Does anybody have any opinions or concerns about a machine like this???

Great machine.  I own several of them and they've been very reliable.  I don't do the 24 oz bottles but I am vending the 23 oz Arizonas in mine - they're a bit wider than a 12 oz can.  You'll need to use the rear columns as they have the depth spacers (1 deep with the longer products)

The merlin 4 models 654 and 780-know as triple depth machines will vend 20oz bottles 1 deep in the front and 3 deep in the back. This is a rare vendor and high capacity machine. The 79 inch machine will hold 504 20 oz bottles!

I would stick with a vendo to vend 240z bottles-have been for years-never had a problem!

Here ya go'

I checked the website and it seems to show that you can have 1-deep in the front and 2-deep in the rear, but not 3.  This is based off of the website reporting a 29-bottle capacity in the front and 58-bottle capacity in the rear.  Unless I am looking at the wrong machine or something...

yip-you are right! single bottle in the front and 2 deep in the back! I guess a salesman was incorrect in his info-oh well, life goes on!

It's still a huge capacity.  I don't think it would be a good idea for 24oz bottles because you could only put 1-deep in the front and the back instead of 2-deep.  I guess if you need a mega-capacity machine, that's the machine for you!

• 2 months later...

I have a DN-720p, it's about 1/2" short of vending 24oz bottles. Its not possible to do a single bottle as the slots are "front adjustable", and when pulled all the way forward there is way too much space to try and stack bottles on top of each other. I really wish they has just made the unit a hair deeper. Is there a DN model (not glassfront) that will do 24oz bottles? I am thinking of picking up a USI CB700 that can offer a decent selection and carry bottles. Anybody have experience with this model?

Thanks

What product of 24 oz are you vending, Pepsi?  The only 24 oz product tested by DN in any P-series machine was Faygo which had a bottle height of 9.2".  If your bottles are this height or shorter you can do them two bottles deep in a narrow column of the 720P.  For the 9.2" bottles you set the programmed Package Type to 4 and adjust the rear spacer to hole #18 and load with caps to the back. 

If your product is taller than 9.2" and you must do one product deep then you will have to figure out which rear spacer setting will work for your bottle and then contact DN tech support for the proper Package Type to program into the machine for that column. 

Unfortunately you are using the worst machine ever designed by DN.  I never recommend the P-series machines to anyone as they are the most difficult machine to program and set up, and the most difficult for the operator to test and troubleshoot.  In addition, their vend sensors are crap and the cooling decks are foreign-made with subpar parts.  You can also have trouble with the motor home sensors among other things.

If you can't get an answer from DN as to the Package Type for your bottles one deep due to DN's requirement of charging $25 for a technical support call, then let me know the product and it's height and I can call them for you.

Archived