where can I buy "can" soda wholesale/bulk

vendking

Just thought I'd ask since I'm spending quite a bit on soda cans for my machine if anyone knew where I can get these items for less or wholesale price in bulk maybe I'm also willing to know about any snack wholesalers and bulk distributors

Thanks

Vendking

Without your city and state it would be imposssible for anyone to make specific suggestions.  Sams Club, Costco, convenience market suppliers such as Smart and Final or vend product distributors such as Vistar are the best sources.  Since you only have one machine and are using 12 oz cans only, your best and most economical source would be your local grocery store.

There is a Vistar location in Livermore that you could pay a visit to if you wanted to see a really large selection of vending products.  If they are too far from you their website lists their products and you can order online.  You may also have other vending distributors near you.  Just do some Google searches and see what you can find.

First thing you need to know is that a place such as costco/sams club is going to sell cans of soda between $0.27 and $0.33 per can.  If you are trying to get it cheaper than that for WHOLESALE, you probably won't find it.  It isn't uncommon to find cans of soda for sale at a grocery store for CHEAPER THAN THAT during holidays.

The second thing you need to know is that, if you want to get soda wholesale from a distributor, you may need an FEIN (Federal Employer Identification Number).  That number shows that you are a legal business and that you pay taxes.

The third thing is that you need a resale license if your state requires you to pay sales tax on your sales.  Without the license, you generally won't be able to pay sales tax on your sales (which is required by law in states with sales tax) and you won't be able to get a sales tax exemption.  I don't know California law, but I was just throwing it out there.

It may sound like it's more than you want to deal with, but this is the scrutiny you face when you are in a resale business.  Once you get an FEIN ( if you don't already have one) and a resale license (if you need one), you can buy directly from distributors/wholesalers without problems.

Finally, keep in mind that, unless you are going to pick up the soda, distributors generally won't deliver you anything unless you meet their minimum.  For coke/pepsi, I think it is something in the realm of 10-15 cases of 20 oz bottles.  You may need to order 15+ cases of cans JUST to get a delivery, and it probably costs something like $9 for a 24-pack of cans from a distributor, if not more.

All of this sound like too much?  You can bypass it all (but I do NOT condone anyone to AVOID paying their taxes) by shopping at a local grocery store and buying the cans on sale.

First thing you need to know is that a place such as costco/sams club is going to sell cans of soda between $0.27 and $0.33 per can.  If you are trying to get it cheaper than that for WHOLESALE, you probably won't find it.  It isn't uncommon to find cans of soda for sale at a grocery store for CHEAPER THAN THAT during holidays.

The second thing you need to know is that, if you want to get soda wholesale from a distributor, you may need an FEIN (Federal Employer Identification Number).  That number shows that you are a legal business and that you pay taxes.

The third thing is that you need a resale license if your state requires you to pay sales tax on your sales.  Without the license, you generally won't be able to pay sales tax on your sales (which is required by law in states with sales tax) and you won't be able to get a sales tax exemption.  I don't know California law, but I was just throwing it out there.

It may sound like it's more than you want to deal with, but this is the scrutiny you face when you are in a resale business.  Once you get an FEIN ( if you don't already have one) and a resale license (if you need one), you can buy directly from distributors/wholesalers without problems.

Finally, keep in mind that, unless you are going to pick up the soda, distributors generally won't deliver you anything unless you meet their minimum.  For coke/pepsi, I think it is something in the realm of 10-15 cases of 20 oz bottles.  You may need to order 15+ cases of cans JUST to get a delivery, and it probably costs something like $9 for a 24-pack of cans from a distributor, if not more.

All of this sound like too much?  You can bypass it all (but I do NOT condone anyone to AVOID paying their taxes) by shopping at a local grocery store and buying the cans on sale.

Thanks for the info, I currently only have a sales tax permit as that is the only thing required of me to have since I have a small number of Vending machines. Also I actually have been getting coupons and getting the soda on sale at safeway believe it or not, for about $100 I got roughly 400 cans of soda different varieties. Once I get some more clients I'm sure I will be needing that FEIN.

Vendking

I buy from...

Pepsi directly: minimum 10 cases for deliver, 20 oz bottles, approx $20 per case

Sam's Club: approx $.27 per can, or $.67 per 24 oz bottle

But my favorite is the grocery store sales. I get the sale papers every weekend and see who's got specials on coke or pepsi products. It's either Marc's, Giant Eagle, or even Discount Drug Mart. If I can buy for $.25 a can or $.45 per bottle I load up, they usually take a copy of my vendor's license and don't charge me tax.

Just keep an eye on expiration dates. Some of these sales happen for a reason. The pop is near the end of it's shelf life and it's time to liquidate.

Also, I'm in Ohio. That's why I call soda 'pop'...

I buy from...

Pepsi directly: minimum 10 cases for deliver, 20 oz bottles, approx $20 per case

Sam's Club: approx $.27 per can, or $.67 per 24 oz bottle

But my favorite is the grocery store sales. I get the sale papers every weekend and see who's got specials on coke or pepsi products. It's either Marc's, Giant Eagle, or even Discount Drug Mart. If I can buy for $.25 a can or $.45 per bottle I load up, they usually take a copy of my vendor's license and don't charge me tax.

Just keep an eye on expiration dates. Some of these sales happen for a reason. The pop is near the end of it's shelf life and it's time to liquidate.

Also, I'm in Ohio. That's why I call soda 'pop'...

Many of us from Dayton say "Q-Pon" for coupon.  

Archived