Skittles looking bad

CJvending

Anyone else notice that their Skittles particularly Green Apple and yellow is discoloring? (white spots faded colors) the candy was in a particularly sunny location for 6 weeks. Freshly bought doesn't expire for over a year, but now I cant ethically vend these, they look terrible. I'm thinking about ditching skittles in favor of runts. Anyone ever done that?

I've never had a problem with Skittles.  I've had that issue with Runts and gumballs though and the solution was to use Superpro machines or other more enclosed machines in the sunny areas.  I agree with mjacks, don't fill as high next time so when you service it'll be almost empty and your product will always look (and taste) good.

Im surprised that you said your runts faded. I was led to believe that runts were nearly industructable.

I too was surprised by that. My experience is that if there was a holocaust, plasic and Runts would be the two man-made substances to survive.

I had same problem with yellow and green skittles last wk.  Since the place had a large awning I didn't think sun would be issue.  Only faded ones on sun side of cannister.  I have always had a problem with the green skittles doing this as they age even if only in a warm location and not exposed to direct sun. That includes lime green not just apple.

Mjacks is right--sun has faded chicklets, runts, cotton candy gumballs over other gumballs in my experience.  Sunscreens do work

They haven't gone bad, and I've had them in places that don't have AC and the sun shining right on it. No fading whatsoever. Sales are good they do great in laundromats and pizzerias for me. They attract kids because of the color. The display card is bright and catchy as well.

Archived