Vending in State buildings?

bayouvending

About two weeks ago I bought two 4 way racks on location in on of the state buildings downtown. I was wondering if anyone else had any goverment buildings and how do they do? they are all candy and gum. I bought these from the same person I bought my other 4 way racks from and didnt pay much more for these on location then I did for the unplaced ones I bought.

This Is A Five Story Or So Building There Was A Ton Of Employee Cars When I Went And Filled Them. It's I The Capital Annex. I Wanted To Try The Small Local Police Station Here Do You Place Them Under Charity Or Commission?

You won't have any luck whatsoever offering commission in a Gov't building. Your best bet is charity.

I bought these on location already but there is other state builidings close that would work good and I wanted to try to get into them. The lady I bought from had some in the other buildings but took them out when they were doing renovations. I bought 3 unplaced racks from her and asked about more and she was going to take them out the building and sell to me so I told her I would rather take them over.

I only paid $17 more per rack for the ones that were already on location then I did for the unplaced ones.

There is a comission here to a foundation. There is a store in the basement here ran by a foundation in which blind people run they are also in charge of all vending for the buildings. I pay a comission to them.

I'm only guessing at this, but ALL of the stories I've personally heard about getting into these gov't buildings are similar to yours and sweetstop. They always seem to start with "Well, I bought a route and they were already there..."

I have a hunch that among charity machines currently placed in gov't buildings - 99% of them were slammed there once upon a time and the other 1% just lucked out and got permission from a random worker within the building.

From what I was told. The lady I bought from got in originally in the 90s with a guy who over the vending for the state. He is no longer there anymore and works in the governors office now. I was introduced as the ladys little brother to the new guy and the security guards who have been there forever. Everyone in the buliding seemed excited that someone was going to be servicing them regulary.

Seems like its going to be a good spot and should pay for itself fairly quick for the price I paid. I just wish I could get more into the other buildings that are around it lol.

I often wonder how many of mine were originally slammed because it seems almost impossible to get into some like that, I never ask questions I just go about servicing and go on my way

I think that's the best way to handle it is service it as quietly and politely as possible and know that it's a pretty rare spot to have!  :)

Archived