$5 Acceptance MAG 32 SA

Golfdogs

You can turn the $5 switch on, but you have to remember that the $20 label was put on before 2008 when the software changed for the new currency.  Turn on switch number 6 on the logic board and then try to insert a $5.  If it rejects the bill you will have to upgrade the validator.  Your validator could need a software flash, a chip change or a new logic board, depending on the age of your unit.  I can exchange it for you with one that takes the new fives if you want.  Just send me a PM.

Send me the control board out of the validator, and I'll upgrade it for $10.  If it needs the new chip, then the upgrade with the chip will cost $55.  Cheaper than getting a new unit.  The serial number can tell you if the validator has the new chip, unless someone has changed the chip since the validator was manufactured.  The first four digits of the serial number is what you need to know how to read.  The first two digits on Coinco serial numbers indicate the week of the year it was manufactured.  The third and fourth digits indicate the year.  (See below)  That serial number in the example indicates the validator was manufactured in the 29th week of 03 (2003).  Any Coinco bill acceptor manufactured on or after the 29th week of 2003 will have the new chip already in it.  Anything before that may or may not, but they did not come from the factory that way.  It will all depend on if someone has done the swap already or not.

Example serial number-  2903xxxxxxxx

Since we have several techs here helping out and hopefully some members supporting them I think we ought to implement a guideline.

For those offering services to the members in the future please refrain from quoting pricing in your posts, this information shpuld be offered via pm.

I am asking this for a couple of reasons:

1. I don't want to see you guys get into a public bidding war.

2. If you guys have to change prices for whatever reason a member might find a old price quote and then if he doesn't get the same price complain about getting overcharged.

So again, new guidance, please do not publicly post your pricing, do so via PM.

Thank you

Archived