AMS Bottle Rails

vavendor

I know AMS is discontinuing a lot of older parts but the bottle rails? As far as I know they should be the same right through the line. Do you know who you spoke with at the factory? I'll send them an email right now to confirm..

So what I was told is that they "had" a couple of different types of rails. They cannot get the old style rails so if you just order the one rail it may not fit properly into the part that bolts on the tray itself. They heva a kit (#21286) that has both the right and left rail assemblies and this is what the recommend.

If you call with the actual serial number of the machine they should be able to tell you what rails you have but the kit isn't that expensive and is probably your best bet.

The issue with that idea is that the slides inside the rails are the piece that is broken. The slides are attached to the rails with rivets. If AMS sends me the replacement slides, how would I then remove the broken slides and reattach the new slides. I have not worked with rivets before and I am not sure how they work. That is why I was trying to buy the rail and slide as one piece.   

The issue with that idea is that the slides inside the rails are the piece that is broken. The slides are attached to the rails with rivets. If AMS sends me the replacement slides, how would I then remove the broken slides and reattach the new slides. I have not worked with rivets before and I am not sure how they work. That is why I was trying to buy the rail and slide as one piece.   

I don't own this machine but with rivets, just drill them out - they're usually a very soft metal.  If you need to replace the rivets, you can get a Harbor Freight kit for less than $20 - this should work fine unless you plan on doing a lot of riveting in the future.

vavendor, I'm still looking for a machine I can get the rails off of for you.  I have one in my shop that I have to dig out.  I believe it has a bottle shelf in it.  If you get the newer rail kit, it comes with the rivets.  You will drill out the centers of the old rivets and then, using a rivet gun, install the rails with the new rivets.

I thought you needed one left and one right.  Do you only need two right side rails?  I do have both but will have to get back to the machine again since I only removed a right and left pair.

Archived