VN27C2R 24v Dollar Bill Validator - Recycler

LouReed101

Yes the VN2700 with a recycler will fit in the Bev 4.  While I haven't had experience with this recycler, whatever you do, don't get a Currenza recycler.  They don't usually last a year without problems.  The Currenza is a different design so don't assume it's problems mean that Mars or Coinco have the same problems. 

We have about 35 mars recyclers out in the field right now and have had tremendous success with them. We have found that it completely eliminates the problem of your coin mech running out of change when you accept $5 and $10 bills. We only put them in our accounts where we have $2   20 oz bottles and in our Ice cream machines. They have to be in machines with high price items in order to be effective. We have found in our area that our customers are more willing to put $5 and $10 bills into a machine than they are credit cards. There are occasional jams as with any bill acceptor, but they are more reliable than I expected them to be. They have raised sales 15 to 20 percent so far in the machines we installed them in. 

Does anybody use validators that recycle 1's or 5's for change?  Before I drop $500 on one I'd like to hear other vendor's experience with them.  Also, does anybody know if a VN27C2R will fit in a Bev-Max 4 with regards to the bezel.  Thanks.

Yes it will fit the BevMax...... Won't fit in the Royal Glasfront.......

I set them up to recycle 5's and then you can take 20's. Get a changer to payout gold dollars.

If you're willing to spend $500 for a recycler, why not spend approx. $300 and get the same, or possible higher, sales lift with a card reader?  There is an activation fee, a monthly fee and transaction fees with the card reader, but you will find it better accepted by customers, easier for them to use and no jammed recyclers for you to deal with.  If your prices are high enough that customers are likely to use $10's and $20's, and your validator doesn't currently accept more than a $5, then this is a way to avoid upgrading the validator and getting a sales lift, too. 

While most of my customers tell me they average about 20% higher sales with cards, some of my client's machines have up to 75% card sales due to the age of the customer - think Apple Store.  While working on a machine there that ultimately ended up having a bad logic board, I removed the card reader for bench testing.  When I returned a couple of days later I saw 3 people walk up to the machine and turn away because the card reader wasn't there.  I checked the machine and there was only about $5 in the machine, a machine that normally does $150 a week - almost all in card sales.  The kids told me how glad they were that I put the card reader back in because they didn't carry any cash.  Obviously this is an extreme case, but I'll admit I was shocked at the near 100% adoption of the people that worked there.  You will find a good adoption rate too, at your locations as your customers become dependent on the card reader.  You will also find a very high card usage rate in public or transient locations such as hotels.

I think the success of card readers is really hurting the adoption of bill recyclers by vending operators.

Regarding the bevmax, I would be surprised if you can put a recycler AND a credit card reader in a bevmax at the same time.

I have installed a credit card reader at one location simply to keep the smaller vendors out of my location.  I have also done many upgrades/repairs which has resulted in greater customer convenience and satisfaction.  I don't think I would ever choose a recycler over a card reader but that's my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

We run both Currenza and Mars recyclers. The Curennza's were pretty hit or miss when they were new tech, but we have not had much of any problems with them in a while now. The Mars are a PITA to set up imho but seem to work well, the biggest issue I have seen consistently with them is either not fully extracting a bill to pay back, or trying to stack the wrong denomination in the recycler. We have our soda vendors provided by Pepsi and Coke, along with replacement parts, so we generally run what they give us. I'll have to check, but I think you could get a Mars recycler into a Bevmax, you might have to use one of the spacers that comes with them to get it to sit back far enough to clear the display though.

• 1 year later...

My experience with the same model is terrible. I have two in an office setting that will last a month before failing. Usually just needs a reset or cleaning. The third has been repaired three times since early September. Today I took it out of service permanently - replaced with a VN2500 series. Twice this week it had one partially stacked $1 bill. Non are as reliable as a plain dollar bill validator. Is there a better model available? Or does anyone know who can repair them?

My experience with the same model is terrible. I have two in an office setting that will last a month before failing. Usually just needs a reset or cleaning. The third has been repaired three times since early September. Today I took it out of service permanently - replaced with a VN2500 series. Twice this week it had one partially stacked $1 bill. Non are as reliable as a plain dollar bill validator. Is there a better model available? Or does anyone know who can repair them?

Welcome to the forum.  You do realize that you are resurrecting a two year old thread, don't you?  Because of that, and without reading the entire thread again, I can only assume you're referring to recyclers.  You should really start your own thread to keep things current.  All recyclers have been found to be unreliable including the Mars units.  Mars repair depots have struggled for a long time trying to figure out how to keep them working properly and they just aren't supported well enough by Mars to allow the repair depots to get them working dependably in the long term.  I truly believe that the best use of your investing dollars are into credit card readers instead of recyclers.  Card readers are more affordable than ever and are becoming almost a standard in larger accounts - and they are much more reliable.

What do you mean by adding an extra changer?  Do you mean a bill changer?  Why do that; unless you stock it with dollar coins, most of the change from it will leave the building.  If you have a problem with customers wanting to use high value bills then you could put a 5 or 6 tube changer in the machine and a bill validator that will accept up to $20 bills and your problem will be solved.  I like the dollar coins in the bill changer idea but most vendors don't take the time to source the coins from a bank.  The great thing about dollar coins is more of them will be put in your machines than would be quarters.

As someone who has experience with 1000's of the MEI and Currenza recycler units, I would recommend to run very far from the currenza units.

As for the MEI, when you have a good one they are wonderful and strong. When they are bad, while not as awful as the currenza, they are bad.

I don't use them, won't use them until they get the kinks out. By the time they get it right CC readers, 6 tube coin mechs, Google pay, Apple Pay, payrange and a whole host of cashless systems will be dominating the market.

IMHO right now I would go with val, 6 tube with 2 $1 tubes, 2 quarter tubes, 1 dime, 1 nickel and a USAT CC system with an MEI bezel.

Can't believe it's 2 years since that post.  I did spend the $500 and found a back-up a few weeks later for $375.  I've had each unit serviced once in that time.  They've worked out great for me once I stopped accepting 20's.  Sales increased easily 20% and no more out of change problems.

Archived