Newbie questions about countertop games

raquel

I run a bulk vending gumball business, and I'm thinking about getting into the countertop game business. It seems like it would be much easier to run. What are the costs to get started, and what kind of maintenance is required (game/hardware updates, etc.)? Are there locating services available to get the machines placed? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Don’t do it!!!!

The revenues from counter top games have fallen by over 75% over the last 6 years few are profitable at this point.

Now almost everyone carries a smart phone full of games in their pocket.

Walta

I make OK money on countertops but not in the conventional "only on bars" locations they where placed for years..

years ago before the Iphone, the countertops where placed in bars/taverns on the bar to take the place of the familiar gambling machines that where there prior but where now illegal.. they made money because they "made you look busy" for so many people coming to the bar to find love or a good time.. That girl would have something to do why she waited to get hit on by some dudes, now she sits there and checks her facebook or texts... SOOOOO that is a dead horse now, they don't do squat on a bar in a bar/tavern setting and that is why the market is flooded with used ones and when i go to game auction the only value is basicly parts(seen a palett of jvl vortex go for $40 buck each when added up)mars bill acceptor is only value most have now..

but...I still make good money in some locations with them.. that location is the big booths in some busy family restaurants, the booths where the family has busy minded little toddlers or pre teens that don't have a phone yet.. they "fence them in" the booth by the parents sitting on outside  so the kids are now standing in the seats looking over at the booth behind them,throwing food or whatever.. The parents then put some money in  the machine and entertain the kid so they can enjoy their night out..

these locations where never do-able with 3K megatouches etc. as they will do about 50-100 a month in this setting.. I have one location where i have 6 of them in the same location so its a good lick when i do all of them..

ron

As it has been mentioned above, stay the heck away from them.  If that doesn't convince you, I have a bunch of them I will sell you for a $1k a piece (I will throw in some seaside property in Utah as well).

I am pulling them out of locations as soon as they show sign of trouble and then breaking them down mainly for the DBA's instead of investing anything into fixing them.

My distributor has told me that he hasn't sold a new machine all year and has to pretty much give away the used ones he comes across.

Archived