What's your best and worst sellers this year

havending

Looking to see what has done well and not so well this year. The NBVA will announce in the fall the top sellers but I feel that those findings are distorted because of the sampling size of votes. What's yours ?

Best over all item for us is the chicken egg. So much so that we have began to have ours sent out and capped

Two inch is mega splat from flat line

One inch California gold AA

Flat most anything from flat line rocks

Plush would be plush appeal the 1.75 mix

Redemption MP3 players from Ali Express

Flatline's 2" Zombie Hunter Mix sold great for me! Outsold everything else in the rack. Flatline's 2" Ducky Tape was the biggest loser. It's too soon to tell, but it looks like AA's Cantina Eraser is doing good.

I tried the duck tape and mike was upfront with me that it was a hit or miss. But it didn't do bad at all I have a pizza place where it seems to do well. The only thing I didn't like is that they dropped the price 10 bucks per box a week after I bought it.

The AA goop did good great but they ran out. I'm not sure if it's back in yet.

I tried the duck tape and mike was upfront with me that it was a hit or miss. But it didn't do bad at all I have a pizza place where it seems to do well. The only thing I didn't like is that they dropped the price 10 bucks per box a week after I bought it.

Yeah, I bought the Ducky Tape when it was on sale for like $19 a box. That's the reason I bought it; and he was also honest with me, I just thought I'd try it out because the margins were so good.  I'll probably end up throwing it into a 2" mix.  I haven't tried Goop, but sounds like a winner! There are so many cool products in 2"; I wish I had more 2" toy locations to supply them with!

Biggest 1" seller has been Lock Stock and Barrel from Cardinal. It's tapering off now, but for a few months I was seeing great sales with it.

2" has been mini flashlights. I don't remember where I got them, I think A&A. They didn't move for a long time and now all of a sudden I'm selling them very quickly.

Flat has been NFL helmet stickers from A&A. Far and away my best seller of all categories, not just flat. I wasn't prepared for how fast these would sell out and didn't order enough on the first cycle. I have three places selling about $75 per month of these and it hasn't slowed down yet after two months.

Guns and Grenades from Cardinal is the 2" king with Laser Rings coming close.

Lock Stock and Barrel is a long time winner at 1" along with Fuzzy Face from A&A.  The squishland variations from Brand as well as the Fish Eggs have also done very well.

I did well with plush family collections from Rhode Island Novelty.  I would take one type of plush (turtles for example) and fill up the crane.  That generated a lot of interest for a month or 2 and then I would completely swap it out for different variety.  It works but it is a pain in the rear.

I bought a couple Keymasters this year and they have done very well.  I will rotate those games around to keep interest up.  The MP4 crane from Impulse Ind. has also done very well.

There are limited amounts of Galaxy Goo in California. In Maryland a shipment arrives in the 3rd week of November.

Yes I have to agree I also felt that Willie Worms should have done much better.

Admittedly, Willie Worms does not sell as in some regions as others. The same can be said about our Karma Bands. I'm actually trying to arrange swaps in different areas of the country to help my customers unload freight.

Yes, but do you remember when it DIDN'T come in packets inside the caps.  Exciting days those were...

Yes I have to agree I also felt that Willie Worms should have done much better.

They tanked for me in the Southwest. These really need a presentation to be sold. If we had a 15 " tv on top of our racks looping the presentation of the willy worms they would sell out month after month at 1.00

Yes, but do you remember when it DIDN'T come in packets inside the caps. Exciting days those were...

I do remember. If you talk to the old suppliers they will tell you how the cappers did not like capping it. They used spoons

I do remember. If you talk to the old suppliers they will tell you how the cappers did not like capping it. They used spoons

Yes, a nightmare. And can you imagine the capsules opening inside the machines ? Those were a very tense hundred or so calls.

2" Punch Balls (balloons), 2" Chicken Slingshots and 1" Grow Squishy Balls have sold well for me this year.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Great. I believe we will stay with the Punch Balloon concept for a while.

2 inch marvel thumb wrestlers did terrible from a and a, but their yo yo balls are doing great for me.

I agree about the Marvel toy. And that is strange to us. We get so many requests for comic book themed toys, and the generic Mexican wrestlers that preceded them are still requested by operators. We're still scratching our heads over that one.

Biggest 1" seller has been Lock Stock and Barrel from Cardinal. It's tapering off now, but for a few months I was seeing great sales with it.

2" has been mini flashlights. I don't remember where I got them, I think A&A. They didn't move for a long time and now all of a sudden I'm selling them very quickly.

Flat has been NFL helmet stickers from A&A. Far and away my best seller of all categories, not just flat. I wasn't prepared for how fast these would sell out and didn't order enough on the first cycle. I have three places selling about $75 per month of these and it hasn't slowed down yet after two months.

Now take a look at the NFL Vintage stickers.

Yes, a nightmare. And can you imagine the capsules opening inside the machines ? Those were a very tense hundred or so calls.

Great. I believe we will stay with the Punch Balloon concept for a while.

I agree about the Marvel toy. And that is strange to us. We get so many requests for comic book themed toys, and the generic Mexican wrestlers that preceded them are still requested by operators. We're still scratching our heads over that one.

Carrying licensing does not gaurantee success.  I learned that working for Novelty inc.  Todd invested heavily in licensed Product, only for most of it to tank on the shelves.

Carrying licensing does not gaurantee success.  I learned that working for Novelty inc.  Todd invested heavily in licensed Product, only for most of it to tank on the shelves.

You said it. Happy Halloween. If you're going to IAAPA, let us know.

Archived