Problem with Vendo 721

I have a brand new Vendo 721, 10 select, live view that column 5 will not vend a 12 oz. can.  Took all the cans out and reloaded, still did not work.  Display light goes from green to red then says sold out.  Tried to test vend.  Sounds like motor wants to turn, but doesn't.  Checked depth setting, set at 4 deep.  Took cover off the motors to check spring.  Spring looks fine.  Any advise?

First, glad you bought the best stack vendor on the market at the current time.

The 721 does not make a 360 revolution, instead it oscillates 1, 2, 3, 4 and then reverses back home.

I assume you set the tab underneath for cans?

Maybe someone put the motor in wrong at the factory.

Did you go into test and try to jog the motor?

I would set two cans in that column and go to test and see if they will vend.

If not, I would pull the motor and interchange it with one next to it.

On a 721 you do not need to program depth as it will train itself.  

Vendo 721-I have a few.....EXCELLENT machines. Santa Claus will be bringing a few more soon! 6 year warranty on compressor! Call George at tech support for vendo problems at 1 800 344 7216.

You also might want to turn the machine off wait 15 seconds and then turn back off again.

Here is the Troubleshooting guide....I hope this helps!

http://www.vendoco.com/Documents/9%20Troubleshooting%20V21%20Trade_10-2012.pdf

Thank you both for your help.  The column is set for cans.  I put 16.9 oz. water bottles in it to test and it didn't vend the water bottles either.  The column worked two weeks ago when I placed the machine.  I did go into test and try to vend the column with no success.  I tried to test vend with 4 cans.  Do you think it would make a difference to test vend with two cans?  How difficult is it to remove the motor?  Thank you for Vendo's phone number and troubleshooting guide.  It seems like the hopper is facing the bottom of the machine and not coming around to pick up more product.  Is there a way to turn off the machine without unplugging it?  I had to place the machines in a very tight space and would have to move the machine to unplug it from the wall.  Thanks again for your feedback.

All other columns vend fine.  Coin mechanism is full.  Brand new Conlux 5 tube with dollar coin tube.  I can coin vend with all other columns with the door closed.  No blown up soda cans.  The machine is brand new.  Just placed it two weeks ago and column 5 was working when we placed the machine.

Harness is plugged into the motor.  When I did a test vend with the door open it looked like the hopper was trying to turn, but no success in vending.  Is there a way to power off the machine without unplugging it?  I would have to move machine to get it unplugged.

To turn power off to the machine, there is a power cord plug in the bottom left corner of the cabinet. Pull that plug and you will turn the machine off as everything in the machine is controlled by the logic board. If the rotor is stuck facing down the motor gear might be stripped. Trading motors with another selection is a good way to troubleshoot it.

Just make absolutely certain that.. for some reason... a shim isn't causing the cans to be unable to fall into the rotor.  I am pretty sure that it's something stupid causing your problem.  It could be failed motor, but I suspect that a wire came lose somewhere... but I would expect the machine to report an error if it did.  Truly an odd situation on a new machine if you ask me.

Also, try the test vend approach.  I had a 720 that was giving me fits until I test vended it a few times.. now it works like a charm.

Thank you AZVendor.  I was concerned about how to disconnect the machine from the power source.  A far as trading the motors, I know there is a plate that comes off to expose the motors.  Looks like there's just two screws that hold the motor in place.  I think I can handle that.  Before I switch motors, do you think by unplugging the power, unplugging the motor and plugging it back in and them bringing power back to the machine might fix the problem?  AngryChris, this machine does not use any shims.  I tried to test vend and it didn't vend.  

Thank you AZVendor.  I was concerned about how to disconnect the machine from the power source.  A far as trading the motors, I know there is a plate that comes off to expose the motors.  Looks like there's just two screws that hold the motor in place.  I think I can handle that.  Before I switch motors, do you think by unplugging the power, unplugging the motor and plugging it back in and them bringing power back to the machine might fix the problem?  AngryChris, this machine does not use any shims.  I tried to test vend and it didn't vend.  

My mistake.  I got the 720 mixed up with the 721 as I was thinking about motor issues, but yes the 721 should never need a shim unless you have an unusually narrow product like redbull.

One other thing you can TRY is to look at the very back of the rotor and make sure there isn't a can or something stuck in the very back of the column.  I've seen this happen but only when a machine has been moved/tilted.  As I was saying before.. it's probably some really stupid problem but I HOPE it is something as simple as a bad motor.  A bad motor is far better than some stray nightmare of a wiring issue.

By the way, I may not always bring up the most technical answers but I have always found that most problems are due to stupid things, not technical things.  I just try to provide a short check-list of possible DUMB problems that can cause a real headache.  There's nothing worse than replacing all kinds of parts only to find out that something was unplugged.

Example:  I arrived on a location with frozen soda to exchange the thermostat.  When I reached behind the thermostat to unplug it, I found out that one of the leads was unplugged.  I plugged the lead back in and the thermostat has worked fine since.  That ticked me off but it was a VERY cheap fix!

By example: I arrivedIn a location with frozen soda to exchange the thermostat. When I reached behind the thermostat to unplug it, I found out that one of the leads was unplugged. I plugged the lead back in and the thermostat has worked fine since. That ticked me off but it was a VERY cheap fix!

No wonder you are "angry"..... lol

I'm stumped.  Column 5 not vending.  Switched column 4 motor with column 5 motor.  Column 4 vends, column 5 doesn't.  Obviously not the motor.  Unplugged machine and motor for 15 seconds, still doesn't vend.  Won't test vend.  Tried jogging the hopper, would not make a complete rotation.  Tried calling vendo, but was on forever hold.

Technical Service Representatives

George Gomez
Service Area: Inside Technical Services
Direct Line: 214-765-9934

Bruce Arnold
Field Service Manager
Cell: 260-433-2181

Carlton Myles, Jr.
Field Service Manager
Cell: 214-934-4322                        

I'm stumped.  Column 5 not vending.  Switched column 4 motor with column 5 motor.  Column 4 vends, column 5 doesn't.  Obviously not the motor.  Unplugged machine and motor for 15 seconds, still doesn't vend.  Won't test vend.  Tried jogging the hopper, would not make a complete rotation.  Tried calling vendo, but was on forever hold.

If the machine always refunds the money after a failed vend, and since you moved the motor and it works on col. 4 with that motor still not working on col. 5, you probably have a bad gate link.  If you remove the motor and then the spring and the plastic gate link, can you easily then rotate the rotor?  If so, then the gate link should be replaced.  I have this in stock if you need one - you can PM me.

AZVendor.  The machine will refund the money after a failed vend.  When I removed the motor, spring and gate link, I could easily rotate the rotor.  The gate link looks fine, though.  How can it be bad?  Can you send me a picture?

Here a photos of a new one from various angles.  Compare them to yours.

post-6744-0-71883400-1383123554_thumb.jpgpost-6744-0-80219400-1383123574_thumb.jpgpost-6744-0-18790300-1383123587_thumb.jpgpost-6744-0-74581600-1383123635_thumb.jpgpost-6744-0-67119100-1383123656_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality but I tried to get closeups and then had to resize them to fit the forum rules.

Let me know if you need one sent.

Is this a bottlers vendor? If so at this point it seems the control board is bad. Try stretching number 5's connector to either number 4 or 6 and test vend it.

My guess is it won't....  It maybe a pin pushed out in the connector somewhere in the harness or at the board or along the way to the board. 

I have had very few problems with the 721.

AZVendor.  That's the part.  The one on my machine looks fine.  I have a technician coming out this afternoon to look at the machine.  He feels like initially the gate link got out of position and that's what is causing the problem.  He thinks if he takes the motor off and gets everything set properly, I should be fine.  If I do need this part, I can get it for free because I purchased the machine new a few weeks ago, but thank you. 

rmorris1953.  Thank you.  I will definitely have him try that when we get over to the machine this afternoon.

Other than the 1 column not working, the machine is functioning beautifully.  I like it and so does the customer.

Well, problem solved.  My tech came out today and fixed my Vendo 721.  I bought the machine from A & M Equipment near Atlanta, GA.  Their service team was great.  They took videos of a Vendo 721 they had in their shop, showing me the motor off and how everything was supposed to look and work.  Somehow, the motor coupling cam got out of position and wasn't triggering the gate link.  My tech got everything back in the right position and column number 5 is now vending.  Gave him $25.00 for his time.  Love this business.  Love learning new stuff every day.

Nice of you to give him a tip, but this should have been a free service call on their dime because this machine should not have malfunctioned this soon.  Glad you got it fixed, but I would still be very curious how the motor coupling was "out of position" and what will prevent it from happening again.

Archived