Does this sound reasonable

rdinta

It is possible.  Are those heads in big racks selling toys mostly?  Good high traffic locations?

Not sure of all the locations but if cranes average $100 per month, is this reasonable for a crane?:huh: then each bulk vending head would have to average over $400 per year, does this seems high?:huh:?  Am I not understanding the possible dynamics of this business? 

Pretty low for a crane.  Looking at $33/ head per month which is doable in high traffic locations like a CiCi's pizza.  You really need to find out what the locations are first to make a decent assessment.  In the CiCi's location that I have I have one Super 60 with punch balloons in it that pulls in around $200 in one month consistently for the last few month since I changed it.  The one machine raises the average per head for the whole location.

Don't know that I would trust thoses numbers.

If the cranes did $400 a month that would come to $192,000 annual.

Bulk would have to do $20 a head per month which comes to $153,600 annual.

I would start by assuming it may only do half that amount if that.

Cranes averaging $200 a month and a bulk head averaging $10 a month sounds more reasonable.

However you never know he could be doing those numbers.

I would have to say buyer beware.

Mjacks,

Just curious - Do you provide all vending for the CiCi's your in, including the games and rides? We have 2 in my town but they also have a small game room with games, rides and air hockey. Would love to eventually get into a place like CiCis but I just assumed you would need to handle all vending to land a spot like that.

Mjacks,

Just curious - Do you provide all vending for the CiCi's your in, including the games and rides? We have 2 in my town but they also have a small game room with games, rides and air hockey. Would love to eventually get into a place like CiCis but I just assumed you would need to handle all vending to land a spot like that.

I have all the racks, stickers and 1 crane.  Another operator runs the video and other cranes.  Been trying to get it all but the owner is loyal to his people which is bad for us getting the amusements but also good that we are more secure in our spot.

Hummm.........  I agree with Vendamania.   I'd like to have that route.  I sure wouldn't be selling it. 

I think the poster is daydreaming and doing some what if if if. Am I correct rdinta? Anyway pretty unrealistic IMHO. Twenty years ago yes but not today.

I think the poster is daydreaming and doing some what if if if. Am I correct rdinta? Anyway pretty unrealistic IMHO. Twenty years ago yes but not today.

This route sounds a lot like how I am set up so it is very possible to do.  Probably rare though.  Seems like most folks on here are dealing with large number of locations with small number of heads per location spread out very far.  I have relatively few locations with large number of heads per location in a compact geographical location (if you consider the city of Houston compact).

There is more than one way to skin this cat.

I have all the racks, stickers and 1 crane.  Another operator runs the video and other cranes.  Been trying to get it all but the owner is loyal to his people which is bad for us getting the amusements but also good that we are more secure in our spot.

Is your competition Tejas?

No, Cains.  I think they are fairly big but I don't think they are anywhere close to Tejas.  All I know is that they don't do a very good job and have crappy equipment.  That is why they got kicked out of my now largest customer and I got the exclusive on all of it.

Why would you say "20 years ago but not today", what has changed over the years?

Who is Tejas?  I am located on the east coast

This route sounds a lot like how I am set up so it is very possible to do.  Probably rare though.  Seems like most folks on here are dealing with large number of locations with small number of heads per location spread out very far.  I have relatively few locations with large number of heads per location in a compact geographical location (if you consider the city of Houston compact).

There is more than one way to skin this cat.

This route has some Ci Ci, Buffalo wild wings and Golden Corral locations that are franchise owned.  Do you think franchise owners are less likely to go with a national player vs small independent or is there more concern with these type of locations if they are corporate owned.  I am trying to get  feel for the sustainability of these type of locations to determine future earnings.  Any insight is appreciated.

I just saw Nen in the Golden Corral's here and assumed corporate and contracts. I am going to research them and see if any of the 7 here are franchise owned; if that is the case hopeful the owners are local to my area and I will have the same successful selling point as I do kicking SV.

Why would you say "20 years ago but not today", what has changed over the years?

Who is Tejas? I am located on the east coast

Twenty years ago because the corportization of the country has closed so many Independents and at the same time split the consumers dollars. Restaurant chains have built a huge number of stores so even when you land a location there is less money there than there used to be. A $200 a month stop today would have been $600 stop 20 years ago.

And then add the neat toys kids have today. (Phones etc) they don't get real excited over plastic crap

I just saw Nen in the Golden Corral's here and assumed corporate and contracts. I am going to research them and see if any of the 7 here are franchise owned; if that is the case hopeful the owners are local to my area and I will have the same successful selling point as I do kicking SV.

what successful selling points do you use, is SV a national player?  Can the local independent compete against the national players or do the larger players offer something the independent player can't....higher commissions, larger more expensive machines etc.  What are the main reasons accounts switch to national vending players? How long have national players been in the picture? Are they new to the business in the last 5-10 years?

Archived