used USI 3000 series snack machines worth $600?

chad

That is one of the earliest IIIA boards, has a maka bill acceptor that ought to be replaced. In some markets a 3 wide fetches a premium, in others it is a negative. In my area I'd go 400 because the bill acceptor needs to be upgraded for better acceptance and reliability.

I agree with Mission, you will want to upgrade the validators and since that will cost you about $200 you need to offer that much less for the machines.  Are they being sold on location?  With one photo of a machine on location you need to see if two are off location and then plan on testing them thoroughly to ensure they work.  Keep in mind they might not all be 3 wide machines.  Since the 3013, 3014, and 3015 all look alike, he might be calling different machines the same model.  If you are familiar with this model of machine in either the 3014 or 3015 sizes, then you already know the pros and cons of the machine.  I have parts for upgrading the validators if you need them.  You can PM me for pricing info.  The upgrade depends partly on what model Maka validator is in them now.

Yep.  $600 is a little steep considering the maka validator but this is a decent machine. If you need a 3 wide, your only other good option would be a newer AMS for a lot more money.

Having refurbished a number of USI machines,  I would say that the 3000 series is much better built than their later models.  Make sure this one's not the 3013A.  The A series is not as good as the earlier models and parts tend to be harder to find.

While some hate the Maka validators I have some in the field that have been running for many years with no issues. $600 for that machine even with the validator is not out of the range since it look like it is undated with black fronts and looks to be in decent shape. I would offer less but I would give $600 for them if I needed three wides.

Like mission said in some markets three wides bring more than 4 or 5 wides. The big question is do you need a three wide machine? You are limited as to what type accounts you can put them in based on cost to service. Put them in the wrong account and you will run yourself to death keeping them full.

Archived