Vendstar 3000- AMAZING.

AmuseStar Vending Co

Craig,

I could easily get at the product with one lock off, but I understand anyone can break into any machine if they really want to, but those machines seem especially vulnerable.  I guess it is just a matter of "different strokes for different folks." 

Metal machines are more difficult but not robber-proof.  The best thing anyone can do is service regularly, make sure you don't let it sit empty for too long, and keep it in a highly visible spot.  Even with that you will still lose machines, but keeping the theft/loss rate as low as you can will only improve your cash flow and ROI.

By the way, i also checked out your website and it looks really nice, I am trying to get ideas for the design of mine, the content is pretty much there.

Joe

Thanks for clarifying that for me, Joe. When I first put these machines out, I locked the one top lock but not the other on a machine buy mistake. I realized it on my next service and was lucky nobody discovered it.

I agree with you on the vulerability of the machine but so far I haven't had any problems. If they are located in high teenage traffic areas, they will not last too long. For those places, I plan to use doubles anyway.

Thanks for the compliment on the web site. It's still under construction. I plan to display pictures of the machines I will be offering along with some M&M characters on the candy page. Just haven't had the time to do anything right now.

BTW, I'm originally from Allentown. I know Scranton very well. ;)

• 2 months later...

Kyle,

I am glad to see some possitive feedback about the vendstars. I own 150 of them. And, I like them. Easy to place because a lot of places don't want a bright machine. I like the grey colr, classy. I did buy them new from Vendstar. Oooops... But didn't pay full price.

Vendstars...

easy to service, clean, low key color for most businesses, 10 year waranty on all parts if purchased through the company

Con: not apprpriate for big venues such as walmart or home depot etc....

Kristi

I purchased 150 vendstars from the vendstar company. Yes, I did the biz op. I did not pay $333. I paid $190 each, included shipping. I also got enough candy for free to fill each machine 1/3 full. They also came with a 10 year warrantyon all parts. 4 totes and extra refill containers to service, free vendtrac for 1 year.

One machine front came broken, and three locks were broken. The company is sending me new ones. I looked into buying them at around $50-$100 each from ebay but then I have no warrany or support. Plus all of my machines use the same keys.

I admit the company is a little sneaky when upselling. I first bought 50 units and recieved a call from the owner 1 week later with a deal. I was told a story , sounded phony, about someone who purchased a bunch in my area and couldn't uphold his end of the deal. So, they could sell me a bunch at an incredible price. I fell for it. But, as long as I can make my money back with in 6 months, I will be happy.

Personally, I like the look of these machines. They seem pretty solid. But, with my warranty, I don't have to worry about that.

The important thing is, for any machine, is too make money and have fun!!!

Kristi

I think it will be more like a year+ to make your money back if you average out per machine. That is about $2100 net if you don't use any of the money for yourself. You will find most people either love them or hate them. I have a few but I really don't care for them, they do serve a purpose though.

• 5 months later...

I purchased 150 vendstars from the vendstar company. Yes, I did the biz op. I did not pay $333. I paid $190 each, included shipping. I also got enough candy for free to fill each machine 1/3 full. They also came with a 10 year warrantyon all parts. 4 totes and extra refill containers to service, free vendtrac for 1 year.

One machine front came broken, and three locks were broken. The company is sending me new ones. I looked into buying them at around $50-$100 each from ebay but then I have no warrany or support. Plus all of my machines use the same keys.

I admit the company is a little sneaky when upselling. I first bought 50 units and recieved a call from the owner 1 week later with a deal. I was told a story , sounded phony, about someone who purchased a bunch in my area and couldn't uphold his end of the deal. So, they could sell me a bunch at an incredible price. I fell for it. But, as long as I can make my money back with in 6 months, I will be happy.

Personally, I like the look of these machines. They seem pretty solid. But, with my warranty, I don't have to worry about that.

The important thing is, for any machine, is too make money and have fun!!!

Kristi

Can you give us an example of the math you used to figure out how

you will make back your investment in 6 months? If you do it that;s great, but in 6 months can you please let us know how you are doing, I expect you to be about 30-40%.

The most similar vending machine in the mexican market is the NW triple play, but I don´t like it very much. I´ve read vendstar 3000 is one of the most used for you, they look good, they are not as much expensive as other brands, and as I see, they make good money. Personally I was surprised for its prices. For example Tstrong was selling in august 28 vendstar 3000 for $ 35 dollars each, that´s $ 980 dollars. That´s what I pay for a NW 5 heads rack. Wow. But even those differences, and even if I grow slow, I hope to continue for many years in this business.

Abdon,

I have posted some Vendstars this weekend in the Shop and Swap section of the forum for $15 and $25. You can't compare a Vendstar to the Northwest Triple Play which is a much better quality machine. A lot of people have these, myself included and like them but we buy them because they are inexpesive. If they were the price of NW, Beaver, Eagle, etc. we probably wouldn't buy them. They are a great machine to get alot on the street without having to spend much money. You should buy one and see if you can convert it some how to accept pesos. Then you could buy a whole bunch and get them out on the street working - really! You could probably have forty of these out making money compared to one more High Five on location. Just a thought.

nam

:D Well my friend I just made the comparison because here in mexico to buy 28 of the cheapest machines (eagle) would cost approximately $2488 us dollars (new machines). For me NW is the best, but in the future I will be opened to other options. By the moment I will continue buying S 80 and S 60. Maybe my next buying will be in june, I hope to buy a Silver Sentinel with 5 heads. Be sure that when I have the opportunity to go to the US I will buy at least one machine to try it.

Thanks again my friend for you post.

I'm new to the business. I just bought the Vendstars 4000 and they'll be delivered to me this week. Will let you all know as soon as I get them up and running. I noticed that some commented about the amount of biz per machine per month. Could some of you please advise on what is supposed to be average / good/ great amount of profit per machine each month? I haven't started yet so I'd like to get an experienced owners' point of view. Also, did ya'll have to set up a company name/ or get a business license for this? Thanks a lot!

I'm new to the business. I just bought the Vendstars 4000 and they'll be delivered to me this week. Will let you all know as soon as I get them up and running. I noticed that some commented about the amount of biz per machine per month. Could some of you please advise on what is supposed to be average / good/ great amount of profit per machine each month? I haven't started yet so I'd like to get an experienced owners' point of view. Also, did ya'll have to set up a company name/ or get a business license for this? Thanks a lot!

The national average is 7$ grosse sales per head per month on a twenty five cent vend.

My goal is for every head I have out to earn me 7$ in profit per month. For a triple, 21$/month is a reasonable expectation. Some locations will do far more, some far less, but any salesman that suggests it will be easy to get several accounts doing 40$/month on a triple is just a liar hoping to deceive you and take your money.

Business license you may be able to avoid, and the name is just a name. It's nice to do a DBA, but IMO the odds are against getting burned, particularly while small, if you always use your own name with the company name. Then you can claim you were doing business as yourself. It's hard to see going out and searching for more fees to pay upfront before you determine if vending is for you.

I'm not a full time vending guru, I don't own hundreds of machines, and i haven't been doing this for many years - BUT - my 2 vendstar 3000's have held up just fine for me! I would prefer a "nicer" all metal unit, but for the price that you can pick VS3k up for you really can't go wrong. If you find some used and can go check them out before buying them it's a good way to add some machines to your arsenal. If you're just starting out it's a good way to get into the game without breaking the bank. I bought mine used off the internet. I actually bought 2 before the 2 I own now, so really I've owned 4. I sold the first two before I ever really touched them, they were a good deal and I found someone right away that wanted to pay more for them so I sold them.

Did you purchase a business package from (Multivend) Vendstar?