There are many vendors here with many many years of experience, just believe them and take their advice, and you will be far ahead of the average beginner. Especially the beginner who goes out and buys brand new combo machines for $3000+ each and thinks they are going to make a killing. You can buy their machines off craigslist/ebay with huge discounts all the time when they eventually realize that they are not making money.

I just wanted to thank everyone for your time and opinions. One thing I left out is I bought in to a vending business op and just won’t see my ROI so I already have it stuck in my head I need the nice new combo machines but I have taken every thing everyone said in to consideration and hope to build a profitable vending route. At first I was looking at quantity not quality but you guys deff changed my mind on all of that. I still wish someone would say yes go buy the cheap combos but one day ill get that out of my head.

If you manage to make any real money with combo machines, you'll find yourself servicing them three times a week - which is why we won't use them.  I don't know how many of them you're stuck with but they do make good satelite machines in the offices of larger accounts

If you manage to make any real money with combo machines, you'll find yourself servicing them three times a week - which is why we won't use them.  I don't know how many of them you're stuck with but they do make good satelite machines in the offices of larger accounts

Yes, combos do have a place, but that place is not as your primary machines. Like moondog said they are good to have and use in satellite offices to larger locations. The reason being that if you have a good location you also want to provide service to their lessor locations, even if they might not be profitable after factoring in your cost to service. If you don't, they will find someone that will do it and eventually that person will try to use their providing service to a office that you don't want to as leverage to push you out of the good location.

I just wanted to thank everyone for your time and opinions. One thing I left out is I bought in to a vending business op and just won’t see my ROI so I already have it stuck in my head I need the nice new combo machines but I have taken every thing everyone said in to consideration and hope to build a profitable vending route. At first I was looking at quantity not quality but you guys deff changed my mind on all of that. I still wish someone would say yes go buy the cheap combos but one day ill get that out of my head.

Read my list of don’ts again!! STAY AWAY FROM COMBO MACHINES!! I can’t stress that enough. Like mission said combos have their place but it is VERY limited. Multi million dollar companies may have 1 to 5 out of hundreds of machines they have placed.

Do I understand you to say you have already bought into a bizop? If so give us some details on that. Not to give you bad news but I have NEVER seen a vending bizop work out for anyone. Could their be someone that is making one work? Maybe but I haven’t heard of them. I have however seen people buy into them stay in the vending business and be successful once they learned from their mistakes and made then necessary changes to make it work.

The most sensible way to explain the difficulty of a combo machine is to explain the fact that they typically do NOT offer enough capacity to provide enough revenue to pay for themselves fast enough unless you service them SEVERAL times each week.  It is almost completely improbable that you could pay off a brand new combo machine at a location that ONLY USED the combo machine.  I have thought about doing something with an alpine machine, but the more I crunched the numbers... the more it didn't make sense.

P.S.  Isn't it a shame that some companies (reputable ones) try to sell their combo machines to us by making it appear that their combo machines are an all-in-one units that can make big money?  They use the same tactic as a biz-op.

Read my list of don’ts again!! STAY AWAY FROM COMBO MACHINES!! I can’t stress that enough. Like mission said combos have their place but it is VERY limited. Multi million dollar companies may have 1 to 5 out of hundreds of machines they have placed.

Do I understand you to say you have already bought into a bizop? If so give us some details on that. Not to give you bad news but I have NEVER seen a vending bizop work out for anyone. Could their be someone that is making one work? Maybe but I haven’t heard of them. I have however seen people buy into them stay in the vending business and be successful once they learned from their mistakes and made then necessary changes to make it work.

I had to jump through hoops and learn fast to make it work. Worst mistake I've ever made. I only bought 3 Genesis combos from a lowlife broker in Texas. Both companies went under. I sold 1 along with 2 full-size machines in a building location. I advised the buyer to replace the pos as soon as he could; he accepted. I was able to recover my $. I've been running the other 2 for 6yrs by doubling up on products; they're in small locations so I don't service often, but they're a major pain in the neck and back. I'll dump them soon, now that I'm in the green again.

It's been a difficult mission.

• 1 month later...

If you want dependable machines you can't go wrong with Ap 113's.  My 113 has the Vendors Exchange kit w/guaranteed delivery with Mars 7512 and mars validator that accepts $1 -$20 bills and have one tube of dollar coins for change.  Definitely increased sales.

If you want to go a little more late model on candy, I would look for AP 933D (studio 3 series) which are MDB and have golden eye. That is what I try and buy when looking for machines.  I also have quite a few Rowe 5900's, but parts are getting harder to come by since that is an obsolete machine.  Other than board conversions to MDB on the 5900's there isn't a guaranteed delivery system for them.  Guaranteed delivery is definitely the way to go, it saves service calls, which saves the machines from get mis-treated, which saves money!!!  Bottom line...good equipment, less service calls, money in your pocket.

If I was buying soda machines for a start up I would buy Vendo 621 or 721's.  They vend everything from cans to 24oz without shims or anything extra.  I just love mine.

Dixie Narcos were a great machine until Pepsi changed their bottles.  Now the double columns jam too much.  I don't think Dixie did enough research on those bottles to make them work correctly.

Royal GIII's are a wonderful machine also, but are hard to find other than from Coca Cola and they don't sell them, they either rebuild them or junk them.

Totally agree, I have 1 royal g3 and is by far my favortie machine of all!!

Archived