Looking for a coffee solution

Started out using the ones at Sam's, they hold up ok, not like a Bunn that'll last a decade. Not totally sure how long the service life will be as most are on location 6 months or less but they are not coming apart at the handle and brew basket like I thought they would. Biggest problem has been lime scale buildup with our hard water.

Just ordered a couple of the B3000 models, plumbed in capable machines, to try at one of my higher volume locations, about twice the price as the Sam's version.

I was figuring about $350 for one of the commercial grade Keurigs - you'd think they'd put some small replaceable filter in them.

• 2 weeks later...

We have probably 200-250 Keurigs out in the feild. The 3000SE is a decent unit, the 200 does real good if there is good water, I've seen a 200 do 37,000 cups before in one location with a quality filter. If you can get a B2000 or B2003 those are tanks, we've been using them and refurbing them over and over again for years. I've found that the biggest enemy to a Keurig is bad water, hands down.

A solution we've had good success with to combat the employee's using the brewer for free with their cups, as well as taking my k-cups home to use in their home units is to sell the cups out of a snack at a reduced price, say 50-70 cents, and then require a quarter to activate the brewer.

• 11 months later...

Chares, he's speaking about selling the K-cups from a regular full size snack machine.  You need one with dual spirals in a selection so the K-cup will vend easily.  If you don't already have a snack machine at your account you won't be able to do this.

• 4 weeks later...

Started out using the ones at Sam's, they hold up ok, not like a Bunn that'll last a decade. Not totally sure how long the service life will be as most are on location 6 months or less but they are not coming apart at the handle and brew basket like I thought they would. Biggest problem has been lime scale buildup with our hard water.

Just ordered a couple of the B3000 models, plumbed in capable machines, to try at one of my higher volume locations, about twice the price as the Sam's version.

The B3000 is a solid machine. And, you can get parts for them. The B150 is pretty much disposable. 

Archived