DUCK DYNASTY UPDATE

newheart53

I think the family would have stuck together and walked if Phil was removed, contract or not.

Yes these guys are educated and entrepreneurs but they are businessmen, used to promoting and selling there product and brand. But they're not used to showbiz and its a whole other beast. If this was a publicity stunt it sure wasnt set up by Phil.

This PC stuff has gone too far. IMO groups like Gladd and Jessy Jackson Rainbow Coalition latch onto well known people who say things that they think are offensive. These groups embrace these statements, complaining as loud as possible in an attempt to get money & promote their brand

Believe me this was not a pub stunt. Like your saying. I've heard Phill speak several times live and let's just say he is extremely opinionated. Which he has expressed publicly his whole life. Grant it his stage is a whole lot bigger now. I was actually surprised he didn't piss off more liberals much sooner. I also agree their bluff with AandE. They all respect Phill and know he is the face of their brand. You know they also have buck commander. Another successful company.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the family would have stuck together and walked if Phil was removed, contract or not.

Yes these guys are educated and entrepreneurs but they are businessmen, used to promoting and selling there product and brand. But they're not used to showbiz and its a whole other beast. If this was a publicity stunt it sure wasnt set up by Phil.

This PC stuff has gone too far. IMO groups like Gladd and Jessy Jackson Rainbow Coalition latch onto well known people who say things that they think are offensive. These groups embrace these statements, complaining as loud as possible in an attempt to get money & promote their brand

So at the end of the day The Robertsons, Jessie Jackson, Gladd, are all playing the same game; incite the base, inflame the uninformed and unthinking, make money.

So at the end of the day The Robertsons, Jessie Jackson, Gladd, are all playing the same game; incite the base, inflame the uninformed and unthinking, make money.

Wow. You just described a few guys around here as well.

--Steven

I would agree. In a very perverted way I might add. Phill and J.j. In the same sentence. lol Phil is a man's man. While j.j. is a pimp of his own b.s. that he actually believes. Almost cult like. At the end of the day Phill is respected amongst the informed while J.J. ,and other like minded are loved by the tools of our society.

I would take out The Robertsons and replace w/ A&E. I dont think Phil was playing that game,he just answered a question. I think his intention was not to incite and inflame anybody for money and that is the difference.

"LandJGroup:

They had a million dollar company way before any of there shows. I'm a avid duck Hunter and about everyone pre duck dynasty had one of their calls or clothing line. In all honesty from what I've gathered Phill hates the show because it takes away from hunting/woods time. He still lives in the same house he always had. Very humble man."

The truth is that A&E needs duck dynasty more than duck dynasty needs A&E. I heard somewhere where duck dynasty is the most viewed cable tv series in the history of cable television. Phil Robertson don't care about the money, he even turned down an NFL Quarterback career in his earlier days (Terry Bradshaw was PHIL's Backup at Louisiana Tech). The Robertson clan are humble and simple, and had plenty of money before duck dynasty.

I love the show. Even though I disagree with most of the "message", I view it simply as entertainment. I also love how this topic is creating a spike in traffic to the site. It seems that people just can't get enough of this controversy so they are resorting to reading about it on a vending forum. Fine by me!

Let me also add this to the mix...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-ae-walking-a-fine-line-over-duck-dynastys-phil-robertson/

--Steven

The truth is that A&E needs duck dynasty more than duck dynasty needs A&E.

"Need" is a strong word.

Neither party needs the other.

DD may not care about their fame and might be quite happy to return to their normal lives.

However, A&E was around long before the DD show came about and will be here long after DD is off the air.

A network with decades of industry experience and airing in countries all around the globe like A&E knows the hottest iron rarely stays hot for long.

The network will be fine long after the DD fad dies.

And that could happen at any time.

This time next year Christmas shoppers may be hard pressed to find DD memorabilia on the shelf AND just as hard pressed to find anyone that wants it as a gift.

TV viewers are very fickle...and once you are no longer "in" you are OUT.

And Networks know this.

No specific show is a long term investment for them.

no doubt that duck dynasty tv show has a limited shelf life, but the Robertson family was fine before the show, and will be fine after the show. Phil was simply stating his opinion and he could care less who hears it.

"LandJGroup:

They had a million dollar company way before any of there shows. I'm a avid duck Hunter and about everyone pre duck dynasty had one of their calls or clothing line. In all honesty from what I've gathered Phill hates the show because it takes away from hunting/woods time. He still lives in the same house he always had. Very humble man."

The truth is that A&E needs duck dynasty more than duck dynasty needs A&E. I heard somewhere where duck dynasty is the most viewed cable tv series in the history of cable television. Phil Robertson don't care about the money, he even turned down an NFL Quarterback career in his earlier days (Terry Bradshaw was PHIL's Backup at Louisiana Tech). The Robertson clan are humble and simple, and had plenty of money before duck dynasty.

No doubt man. Phill says " I chased the Ducks and Bradshaw chased the bucks". AandE will be upping their pay very soon. The fact is Willy is the drive in that family. Phill still lives in the same house he has had for years. Cool guy

Who do you recommend ordering from for your 1" and 2" Duck Dynasty products? stickers?

Flat line. They have two inch now too.

Yea, DD could easily go to another channel if A&E dropped them right now (assuming no contract obligations or other litigation that would prevent a move).

Wonder which QB threw more wobbly ducks at L-Tech?  Pun intended. 

Yea, DD could easily go to another channel if A&E dropped them right now (assuming no contract obligations or other litigation that would prevent a move).

Wonder which QB threw more wobbly ducks at L-Tech? Pun intended.

Honestly the outdoor channel where the show started was a much better program. A and E found a gold mine with these guys.

I was shocked that they didn't do better down here in Florida

Wonder if it's because of you are in a tourist town. There are a ton of Rednecks in Fl.... Not as much as Al I guess. Lol. I have a buffet that sells a half a box every four weeks since they have been out. They are still strong for me.

• 1 month later...

Archived