Anyone doing TRAILMIX ?

vendboy

Guess I should have wrote that better. Not the actual machine but the product in the machine. Shelf life is when in storage, I keep all products in a room that is humidity, and temperature controlled at 65 degrees all year long. (for chocolate this is suppose to be the idea temperature) Machine life of the product is much less as you can not control temperature, humidity and exposure to sunlight. But like I said in another post I have only thrown away 2 lbs of peanuts in 1 years time.

The machine life expectancy will lessen with nut products due to the salt eating slowly on the metal, how much shorter I have no idea, but if needed plastic conversions for Beavers are available.

Interesting reading here. I sell peanuts in one location. The next time I service I am going to change to trail mix and also try it in a couple of other locations that have been asking for some kind of nut product.

Jim makes an excellent point. I need to do a better job in that area of switching up products to keep sales up.

I think I'll pre-sell the Trail Mix; I know 2 of my locations have asked and there are other good candidates. I am going to buy 1 bag at Sam's and compare cost with mixing myself. I forgot there are almonds in Trail Mix which would increase cost of goods sold.