diy leds

TKK

Thanks, I will be keeping them white. I spent too long staring at the blinking colors and starting feeling a little sick :wacko: . I see what you mean about the tape too, it has already started to peel off.

24" led T-8 fluorescent tubes for $10.00. Easy to install on existing fixture, I have installed a couple now and I am very impressed.

Where are you getting them for $10? It has been awhile since I looked for them but I was not excited about the $49 price tag.

I think at one time he was getting the lights from Lowe's.

I looked myself and Lowes here had nothing like the lights he is getting.

Hopefully rmorris sets us straight on these $10 leds.

Heck Lowes's is right down the road from me.

cajun

I think at one time he was getting the lights from Lowe's.

I looked myself and Lowes here had nothing like the lights he is getting.

Hopefully rmorris sets us straight on these $10 leds.

Heck Lowes's is right down the road from me.

cajun

I bought them from 1000bulbs.com. They are none shunted. To install them in existing fixtures (24") you have to bypass the ballast and wire direct.

They only power from 1 end with 110V. Easy to reconfigure. On fixture find the two wires that connect to fixture one on each side of fixture. Make sure led power on bulb is on the end that has the two wires. Leave enough wire to splice onto and cut out the remainder of the wires. Find 110v can be the same wires the original fluorescent was connected but ballast has to be removed.

For demonstration purposes I took a USI 3013A and installed one of these 24" LED's. Original fixture was gone. It was also a 15" fixture. I went to Lowes and purchased 2 fixtures for $5 and mounted them in place of the original one. Used self tapping screws that allowed it to use the top trim to hold the fixture.

20140815_082229_zpslkco6h4o.jpg

Bought 5 this is the second one I have installed on a snack. I also purchased 2 48" T-8's for a National Coldfood. This eliminates jackpotting, and turret solenoid from slamming , and trying to home. Same thing cut all ballast out and wire direct to 110v.

20140815_082252_zps54ndmvld.jpg

20140815_085934_zpssd3safks.jpg

This is the fixture from lowes. Won't need if your machine already has them

20140815_090300_zpsomxbsfhm.jpg

Fixture wired

20140815_090421_zpszxu4dy9j.jpg

20140815_093920_zpszmcbh6se.jpg

Won't take but a few minutes if you have everything you need. These leds are great and getting cheaper

Archived