Power to display, light and vending on a Dixie Narco 501E

rockmoen

Hello.
I purchased a used Dixie Narco 501E machine. When I insert the connector do the refrigerator starts, but the display is black. I checked the fuse on the motherboard, but they are okay. Measured no power over the fuse.
Since the machines are built in the United States, I wondered if there is a separate transformer to display the lights and turn the engines?
In Norway we have 230 volts and USA is 110 volts.
Sombody know where i find the transformator on this machines?

Sorry my bad english but i hope u understand ;-)

Transformer is at the top between the lamps. Check to make sure the stack plug it connected at the bottom left side where the cooling deck plugs in. It is a round plug with a male and female connector. It powers the lights, motors, and board.

Cooling deck isn't affected by this plug. It should run with it unplugged. Also the fans inside the cabinet should also be running. Some newer 501-e's have a gfi cord and the gfi might be tripped or bad. 

You can unplug the cooling deck and plug it into a extension cord to see if it runs.

Not sure if this helps if it isn't running on 110 volts like here in the US. 

The transformers (some) here in the US have a fuse soldered into it inside the case. 

Transformer is at the top between the lamps. Check to make sure the stack plug it connected at the bottom left side where the cooling deck plugs in. It is a round plug with a male and female connector. It powers the lights, motors, and board.

Cooling deck isn't affected by this plug. It should run with it unplugged. Also the fans inside the cabinet should also be running. Some newer 501-e's have a gfi cord and the gfi might be tripped or bad. 

You can unplug the cooling deck and plug it into a extension cord to see if it runs.

Not sure if this helps if it isn't running on 110 volts like here in the US. 

The transformers (some) here in the US have a fuse soldered into it inside the case. 

Thank you for your help. I found a bride in the line that I fixed. There was also auto fuse down in the cabinet which had to be turned on.

Now everything works except the light. Some good tips here?

You might need new light bulbs or a new light ballast if the new lights don't come on.  But first you should make sure the two-wire connector supplying power to the light ballast is connected to the ballast.

Archived