AP 7600 shelf problem

Golfdogs

I've got an AP 7600 where the middle shelves fall off the glides. Both side walls look plumb with no bowing. Had a cracked wheel on the back off one shelf, switched it out and worked better for a while. The three middle shelves all fell today, it is a PIA to get them out and put back in. What should I be looking for? Machine is level and bolted to the wall. Shaking shouldn't be an issue. Thanks.

I've got an AP 7600 where the middle shelves fall off the glides. Both side walls look plumb with no bowing. Had a cracked wheel on the back off one shelf, switched it out and worked better for a while. The three middle shelves all fell today, it is a PIA to get them out and put back in. What should I be looking for? Machine is level and bolted to the wall. Shaking shouldn't be an issue. Thanks.

Check the metal tray extensions that hold the wheels.  I've had the same problem and noticed they were bent slightly in and not catching the glides completely.  The trays are made of some pretty beefy metal but these machines are all hitting the twenty year mark.  Bowing was my first guess, but with the glides welded to the sides there's no way it could bow front to back - top to bottom might be a different story.  Another remedy would be to add some flat washers between the wheels and trays.

Once I found an AP 7000 where the screws to hold the center wall to the bottom shelf had never been installed. This let the wall move away from the shelves and the roller would come out of the tracks.

To solve this problem you must remove all the shelves at the same time only them can you see if all the screws are present.

If all the screws are there, check for bowed walls with a 3 foot long straight edge. Your eyes will not pick up a 1/4 inch bow in the walls. If each wall is bowed 1/4 inch the shelves will fall off tracks.

Walta

Once I found an AP 7000 where the screws to hold the center wall to the bottom shelf had never been installed. This let the wall move away from the shelves and the roller would come out of the tracks.

To solve this problem you must remove all the shelves at the same time only them can you see if all the screws are present.

If all the screws are there, check for bowed walls with a 3 foot long straight edge. Your eyes will not pick up a 1/4 inch bow in the walls. If each wall is bowed 1/4 inch the shelves will fall off tracks.

Walta

As a carpenter, I surely hope I can see a 1/4" bow over 3'!!!

You could also have worn out rollers.  The shelf rollers will actually wear/get beaten down and become smaller in diameter, which allows them to slip out of the shelf rail from the side rather than only being able to be rolled out the front.

The problem is our brains want to see straight lines. If you don’t give it a true reverence with a straight edge our brain will fool us.

Try checking it with a tape measure.

Walta

The problem is our brains want to see straight lines. If you don’t give it a true reverence with a straight edge our brain will fool us.

Try checking it with a tape measure. I will brin my 4' level and tape measure next time I'm there. I appreciate all the ideas.

Walta

Archived