Compressors

Hi all,

I don't have much information yet, but my wife got us a location in a laundramat yesterday. We had noticed no candy machines, ever. We also noticed the coke machine was always out of order.

Come to find out, they just unplugged it when the repair guy said 250 an hour to come and fix the compressor.

They want 50 bucks for it and will let me place it there!

Now, I am wondering about the compressor. Is that hard to fix? Is it so expensive that I would be better passing on this?

I am a bulk vendor and still new at that, so please be gentle...

Thanks,

Mountain Man welcome to commercial refrigeration. The hardest part is to find a refrigeration guy that is knowledgeable, and reasonable. Any person that is licensed to work on refrigeration should be able to change the compressor for you, and yes $250.00 an hour seems extreme. I pay less then $100.00 an hour. The compressor is likely less than $200.00, and we are assuming that is the problem when it could be something else.

Mountain Man,

This info depends on the model of the machine that you are looking at. I know with my Royal 650's compressor its a deck that can be pulled out and replaced with a new one. Knowledge to do this is just follow instructions provided by the mfg. Hope this helps but for $50.00 I would take it as long as you will be able to recoup your investment on a new deck .Good luck

On a side note if you decide to invest in this machine make sure that you leave room between the wall and your machine for proper airflow as this will prolong the compressor's life.I learned that from another poster here on this sight and have done this with all my machines

Brian

Summit Vending LLC

I was able to replace my own compressor in a DN 301. They are not hard if you are able to find instructions. You can probably find someone local that will sell you a compressor. Usually takes about 45 minutes to replace a compressor.

Good Luck!!

Lee

Ok now I'm confused. On pop machines are the compressor, condenser, and evaporator all on one board and you just switch out the board.

Otherwise I do not know how you could silver solder the joints, evacuate and recharge the system in 45 minutes.

Thank you all for the responses. My wife was wrong about wha *** was. They say it is the condensor that is bad. Of course, that is the guy selling it, not a service person that is telling me this.

It is a Dixie / :huh: (Narco?) I wrote it down, but I am at work because my home internet took a tailspin on me yesterday. :(

It holds 5 drinks, not 4 also. It is a clean looking machine. takes coin, no dollars. Dispenses cans.

MountainMan:

Do you have a re-furbisher anywhere near you. Most of them can repair or swap out a compressor for you. As Brian said most compreessors just  have a few bolts to remove and then slide the whole deck out. Call Dixie-Narco and talk to the service department. Have the model and serial number ready and they should be able to tell you if there is anything more to do than just removing the bolts on this model. Their tech department is very helpful.

• Like 1

Hey all,

I bought it. 50 bucks. Boy it is heavy!

I found the whole deck for 329 online. I am going to the city tomorrow (for work) and perhaps I can find a refurbisher there or at least a refer company.

The unit functions fine with the exception of cooling. It is set at 50cents, I think a can of coke is probably going for 75 now. I will have to get a manual.

If it has to stick out the back of the machine, it is for a DN501 which is a deeper machine and wont be secured in the rear of your machine, which will allow it to move around during transport and vibrate and probably make noise during operation. Refrig. units that are compatible to your machine are the same as the ones for DN276 and DN368.

• 2 months later...