Any full time honor box people here?

bluemachine

Very strongly considering getting into the vending business. The mint boxes seem like a good gateway into the business. How many boxes can a one man show support by himself before hiring help is necessary? 

I can't answer this.. but I think people can easily service 10 mint boxes in an hour if the locations are close-by.  With that said, you could feasibly do 80 boxes in an 8-hour day by yourself, and 80 boxes will probably take up most of the space in a minivan and I would imagine it would be a nightmare to do if it's hot outside and you don't have AC in the vehicle.  With that said, if you could get 80 locations 5 days each week (400 locations total, or roughly 400 boxes), you would be fine but you'd be working full-time for sure.  Just keep in mind that you'll probably only need to stop by most locations once a month... so 400 boxes might only need to be filled 5-10 business days each week.  And if you collected say $35 from each box... and pocketed at least half (say $20), you'd be able to generate at least $800/month working 40-60 hours.  Good locations will generate more than this though.  I'm just trying to throw out a realistic idea before an actual mint-box person comes out.

If you're talking about boxes with chips and other snacks, expect no more than 4 boxes per hour if they are nearby.

I generate a maximum of about $15/hour from snack boxes now, but I have downsized a lot to focus on my full-line vending.

I can't answer this.. but I think people can easily service 10 mint boxes in an hour if the locations are close-by.  With that said, you could feasibly do 80 boxes in an 8-hour day by yourself, and 80 boxes will probably take up most of the space in a minivan and I would imagine it would be a nightmare to do if it's hot outside and you don't have AC in the vehicle.  With that said, if you could get 80 locations 5 days each week (400 locations total, or roughly 400 boxes), you would be fine but you'd be working full-time for sure.  Just keep in mind that you'll probably only need to stop by most locations once a month... so 400 boxes might only need to be filled 5-10 business days each week.  And if you collected say $35 from each box... and pocketed at least half (say $20), you'd be able to generate at least $800/month working 40-60 hours.  Good locations will generate more than this though.  I'm just trying to throw out a realistic idea before an actual mint-box person comes out.

If you're talking about boxes with chips and other snacks, expect no more than 4 boxes per hour if they are nearby.

I generate a maximum of about $15/hour from snack boxes now, but I have downsized a lot to focus on my full-line vending.

I agree with most of this... But your math was just a bit off if someone had 400 locations and and made $20 net on each that would be 8k not $800...

But one person could service a pretty sizable route by themselves if they wanted to put the hours in... I only do it on the side just for a little extra a month, I only service 33 boxes a month and I do them bi weekly and it takes me 2 hours to do all the boxes but there all pretty close together.

I agree with most of this... But your math was just a bit off if someone had 400 locations and and made $20 net on each that would be 8k not $800...

But one person could service a pretty sizable route by themselves if they wanted to put the hours in... I only do it on the side just for a little extra a month, I only service 33 boxes a month and I do them bi weekly and it takes me 2 hours to do all the boxes but there all pretty close together.

Yeah, major mistake on my part. That's what I get for trying to write a long message from my phone!

Evolution84,

What is your gross per month on your 33 boxes and what kinds of locations?

If you have questions about mint/candy honor boxes the best advice I could give is, get 10 boxes and go locate or get them located (Vendinglocator4u is the only one I can recommend) you'll learn more after a couple months servicing than you can ever hope to learn on a forum. With the low entry cost to start it makes it possible for almost anyone to get their feet wet and see the results first hand.

Well, for one, I am seeing my every expectation for the charity honor boxes being exceeded.  Just stated this month.  Thanks to advice from this forum.  Ordered boxes from Sheridan; ordered telephone location services with Travis via Sheridan.  Could not be happier.  Four of the initial locations were not what I would expect as anywhere near ideal.  Travis replaced them very quickly for me.  I placed 20 boxes (with lollipops) Sep 13.  By Sep 17, I was getting calls to bring another box.  Beyond my expectations!!!  I had set $20 per location per month as my minimum to keep the boxes in the location.  Quick calculation: that would give me a minimum of $400 per month gross total.  Now, it looks like I will be averaging between $50 an $100 per location per month.  I will know more after they settle down for a month.  Quick Calculation:  20 boxes times $50 is $1000; 20 boxes times $100 is $2000.  Regardless from a minimum expectation of $400 to what may be a max expectation of $2000... wow!!  This is much better than what I had planned.  My intent is to grow to 800 boxes to service once a month.  To keep the servicing to once a month, I intend to double up on the number of lollipops I put in each hole.  Thanks to the guidance given in this forum... I am off and running.

• 2 weeks later...

I will tell you that I have over six hundred and they do pretty well. I am all over Texas so it takes a lot to service them. I have had many stolen. I have placed most myself and I point a tried the locator he starts off okay but then starts thinking that everyone is trying to cheat him when he has to start replacing location. I guarantee that never happened I made the mistake of paying him before he placed them all because I was trying to help him out. He likes to lie to the people he works with and I will not tolerate that.

Archived