Candy/gumballs or toys

Firetad4

I just talked to a guy whos shop is filled w/ arcade games and parts when I asked about bulk machines he gave his opinion of not going w/ candy and just doing toys. He stated all of pros of toys and cons of candy and told me to ask anybody and I would get the same advice. Well I know that isn't true but my question, is there anybody that wishes they would of started w/ only toys and never messed w/ candy? Is candy the only way to go? Do a mix of both and thats the best? I've never met any of ya'll but I think I'll trust your opinion more than this guy.

Well here are my thoughts on this. I'm no expert but it works for me.

When I started, I wanted to be into everything! You name it, Racks, singles, doubles, candy, gum, nuts, toys and stickers! I had huge ambitions and wanted to be everything to everybody. I dabbled a bit with toys and stickers but have gradually moved closer to all candy. I'm not sure if this was a subconscious thing or not. I just feel that the simpler I make things the more enjoyment I get out of it. I have very few toy machines left and they will probably be all gone by years end. I just find it much less stressful to deal with 1 or 2 selections than to be the WalMart of vending.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

I also have a possible opportunity to go into an arcade with a larger gumball machine called the Gumball Coaster :

http://www.mountaincoin.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MCMD&Product_Code=0C-GumCoast&Category_Code=GUM

However they said the same thing to me, NO gum just toys.

Also I'm with Steve on the singles and doubles.  I originally bought the block triples, but if I go forward with this business I'm switching.  Easier to change the product, most locations don't need three heads, better presentation of candy.

RJ

• 1 year later...

Old topic but it's good to recycle.  :D

UPDATE from my original post above. I am now mainly a gumball vendor. I only have 2 racks left and am looking to get rid of them. Everything else is a single head with gumballs. I wish I did it this way from day one.