Olive Garden: A Very Interesting Location!!

T BIRD

Exactly two weeks ago I placed a double head A&A Elite in Olive Garden.  ( I am  becoming unhappier by the minute with this machine btw ).  Anyway the point of this thread is the location itself.  It's not so much because it is at Olive Garden but where the machine is placed.  It is located inside the kitchen!  That is very new for me.  I actually placed a double head in the kitchen of Ruby Tuesday the same day as Olive Garden.

The machine at Olive Garden could literally be a gold mine for me and T Bird Vending.  It has done $35.00 in exactly two weeks.  But..........the M&M candy wheel was mis vending and way too much product was coming out.  Way too much product.  Two of the workers told me after it got empty.  And the Ike and Mikes head got seriously jammed up and was out of order for over 3 days. ( they called me but I was in Florida ).  So I fixed everything today.  To me it is one of those locations that you dream about.  I have a feeling I will NOT be able to keep enough product in it for more than 2 weeks maximum.  I will keep everyone posted.  Move over Lowes!  Move over Walmart!  Here comes Olive Garden!.........lol!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Johnny. Welcome back.

This sounds like another great account. Are you picking them up or are they from a locator? What machine are you using that is fouling up so badly? Is it just an incorrect setup?

Anyway, good luck with this one and keep us up to date on it's status.

Gary

WOW Johnny .....

Seems like you have the "Midas touch" with this business. Good for you. If you keep this up you will be catching up to Bill Gates before long. :D

lol.  I only wish David.  Thanks buddy.

Gary........its an A&A Elite machine.  Maybe I am doing something wrong when I place the two piece candy wheel in the machine.  I make sure to have the hole covered by the brush housing when its placed in there. I mean what could I be doing wrong?  From time to time I swear these A&A Elites come from the factory with flaws in them in terms of how the pieces of the machine assemble together in terms of a uniform and tight fit.  When I have complained about it, my guy says I am the only one complaining.  Like this particular Elite machine?  The upper body with the globe on it does not fit snugly onto the base.  I have to press and jiggle and wiggle the darn thing to fit right.

They do NOT have a lot of room.  You are right Brotha Beer.  Its by the.....ummmmm........ahhhhhhh...........I have no idea.  Near where they have empty crates and where the waiters place down their orders.

Gary..........these locations are by my locator.

Oh so it's over there near that other stuff. If the crates are about 3 foot square then my guess is glassware crates from the dishwasher. I am thinking that it may be getting some heat or humidity from a steam table.

I actually placed a double head in the kitchen of Ruby Tuesday the same day as Olive Garden.

T Bird,

Great job on the interesting locations. I look forward to hearing about these places from you.

BTW, Is that Ruby Tuesday's you got the one on Austin in Island Park? I was there this morning! It's funny because I was indeed thinking of you. :D

Steve

I actually placed a double head in the kitchen of Ruby Tuesday the same day as Olive Garden.

T Bird,

Great job on the interesting locations. I look forward to hearing about these places from you.

BTW, Is that Ruby Tuesday's you got the one on Austin in Island Park? I was there this morning! It's funny because I was indeed thinking of you. :D

Steve

Yes Steve.  That's the one buddy.  I am gonna send you a PM.

I put a rack with toys and kids candy in a Mexican rest lobby a few months back and it did ok but they wanted it removed so I took out yesterday. I believe it was a cultural thing; last time I put anything in anyplace where the only English they know is "OK". I do see some gum machines and double or triple heads in lobby's but most look terrible and pretty beat up. I did have a chance to put one in a restaurant/bar a month ago but the manager said it would be 50/50 if it would still be there in a month. PASS....

I had one double placed in a steak house lobby. It lasted four days. The nite cleaning ' crew ' took a baseball bat to it and destroyed it.

I have a single Dentyne Ice right outside the lobby area of a fish restaurant.  It does well ( $30-$35 per month ).

I couldn't get a repoire with these guys from the start; not sure why they said yes to begin with. Maybe they wanted a part of the action which I will not do, at this location. Best to say thanks for the effort and move on.