Good Buy or Good Bye?

bo0tsy1

So is the Model Number the max can capacity? Royal 804 or Gii-iii is 804 cans?

Usually that's the case - the Royals will say 804-9 which means 804 cans across nine selections - note; the machine has 12 columns so 3 selections should be set up for space to sales (2 columns per selection) most people run Coke and Pepsi on those selections.

You should grab that 804 and the AP7600 before they're gone - you won't find better machines at any price.

Reading about the rack connector issue common with the model, but a LCM4 for $350.

00k0k_4rJDzeRkGzX_600x450.jpg

If this machine is working and cooling then this is an excellent buy.  The AP LCM series are great machines and run on all 24V.  This one is a little dirty and you might have to paint it, but it does have a late model Coinco coin mech.  This is a 5 wide version so you have 10 can selections.  I see at least one missing flavor label so there is likely a problem with at least one soda motor.  If it were me I'd snap this up, but I repair machines and know everything about this one.  You would have to have a tech come and fix it for you, so you need to decide if you want to buy any machines if they have problems.  The value of this one in location-ready condition is about $1000-1500 and you'll be money ahead even if you have to put a compressor in it.

Since this is their combo machine you have to pay particular attention to the airflow through the cooling unit.  As with all chilled machines, it can't be up against a wall and the vent screen (this one pulls out from the base of the chiller) must be regularly cleaned.  This machine is cans only and as the cans are filled it can be easy to accidentally drop them into the cabinet.  You must take care not to do that as the cans can bounce and lay on the evaporator fan, blocking it so the machine freezes up. 

As I hope you have read on this forum, the combo machines don't give good returns on investment due to their limited capacities, but if you were to buy a combo, AP makes a very good one.

I have parts for this machine if you get it and anything is broken, so you can PM me if you need any parts.

Ooooo, an old National ice cream.  Nope.  Those are relics from the early 80's - single price, no validator, and they are notorious for melt downs. 

I'm curious, bootsy, are you getting into the business from scratch?  You have asked about more than just basic soda and snack machines, but a new vendor should start with soda-only accounts until they are comfortable with the business and are in a position to expand into snacks.  Most vendors are better off not doing coffee or ice cream until they have strong established accounts. 

I will give you credit though, you sure are finding a bunch of machines out there.

Yes, from scratch. I figure I need at least 10 machines to do what I need. 1 snack, 1 combo, 8 drink. Also, are there stylistic differences I can you to tell different vendors apart? Like Rowe vs AP.. Dixie vs Royal?

what are you trying to do.

btw im a bass player as well, a bit more of  a james jamerson fan but i do love bootzilla 

Archived