STOP talking yourself into doing accounts!

RJT

To make my point about you taking what I say WAAAY out of context. I said the following in my post.

Like I have said in other post, sure you can be “successful” with $50 a week accounts by working out of the family mini van, your garage, using Sam’s Club as a warehouse, using older equipment etc if that’s your idea of success and your are happy with that. I am not “talking down” about this style of operators at all. I am just saying they can’t get to a level where they can retire on such a business model.

Then in your post you said.

How can I least a warehouse space to for all these machines and also store all the product that I am going to need for the great accounts I am about to get (Because the divine one has already said that using Sam’s as a warehouse is just loserville) and not be in debt?

Where did I say using Sam's Club as a warehouse is "loserville"? How in the world did you take what I said and get that out of it? READ what I said again. I said you can be "successful" with that business model. It is just hard to make it work for a long term retirement standpoint.

Everyone has to start at the bottom and work their way up. The guy that started Canteen started out of his garage just like many others in this and other types of business. I am just saying that you have to be plan accordingly to have a long term future in the business with a successful start and closure when you decide to get out. By get out I mean make money from the start to the end of your vending business.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just agree to disagree!! can't you just admit that maybe there truly is more than one way to skin a cat, at least to some degree? Or is it truly your way or no way? 

Like ive said, I 100% respect you and your knowledge and experience, but even though you have learned a lot during all your years, and are well ahead of most, there will always be more for you and everyone else to learn, no person has every answer to everything. I think a lot of us are just seeing your ideas as being very rigid with zero room for flexibility.

Like I said, I do agree with the majority of what you said, but I just don't agree that an account has to absolutely gross an average of $150 per week for a company to be successful. Also like I said, I might be wrong, and time will tell.

I also admit that just because you and I AGREE on most of these things, that don't make either of us right. Someone else might disagree and be 100% correct on one idea or another. Just realize that you nor anyone else is always 100% correct about everything.

Holy Cow!!!  Is this thread still going?  I just got back from replacing a bad vali in an account that only does $150 a month (yep it's a dog) What ticks me off is the dang thing was just about to show some black numbers for the year until the vali went out - first of the year I'll be shutting er down.  I"m done chasing my tail over there.

For any newbies still wading through this,  find yourselves some decent "hamburger accounts" that only need service every other week and do $400 plus per month.  Everybody else sounds like they're pretty well set with what they're already doing  ;D

it is weird as hell people are offended by RJTs posts. i just dont get it. nowhere does he say you're a failure if you have a lot of dog accounts, or even a few dog accounts, hes just saying building a biz on these accounts makes it hard to "level up". I can say from experience he is right. I started with a route of dog accts and I had to go deep into my pockets to get my route

up to the next level. once i did that i  was able to "level up" easier, but it cost me a lot of my savings. Had i took his advice from day one, before i bought my original route I would have probably spent less savings and those savings would have earned me a better ROI and faster, and i could have reinvested those profits to 'level up' easier. 

it is weird as hell people are offended by RJTs posts. i just dont get it. nowhere does he say you're a failure if you have a lot of dog accounts, or even a few dog accounts, hes just saying building a biz on these accounts makes it hard to "level up". I can say from experience he is right. I started with a route of dog accts and I had to go deep into my pockets to get my route

up to the next level. once i did that i  was able to "level up" easier, but it cost me a lot of my savings. Had i took his advice from day one, before i bought my original route I would have probably spent less savings and those savings would have earned me a better ROI and faster, and i could have reinvested those profits to 'level up' easier. 

For me it was the other end of the spectrum, I went waaaaaay beyond neck deep in debt buying new or nearly new equipment getting out of the gate and literally spent over 200K in interest over the first 7-8 years in the business, money that easily could've gone into my pocket had someone bothered to show me how I was growing my business the wrong way.

Archived