What would you do in this situation?

GagesVending

Update your .25 to .50.  place a small handprinted label in the machine that says 1.00  now only .50 !  lol (but it works)

can u send a pic plz how much more money have you  made with this unethical practice lol???

This is an informative thread.  I think you should change your mechs to the higher price. Everything is going up in price, gas, food, utilities, etc.  I am normally inclined to pull from a troublesome account, but that is your call. If it is profitable, it might be worth your trouble.

I wish to get into rack vending, but customers demanding high commissions is a bit daunting to me.  I am convinced you should charge the highest price the market will bear. Those charging only .25 for 1" toys are behind the curve.  The cost of business is going up. Protect your profits.       

This is an informative thread.  I think you should change your mechs to the higher price. Everything is going up in price, gas, food, utilities, etc.  I am normally inclined to pull from a troublesome account, but that is your call. If it is profitable, it might be worth your trouble.

I wish to get into rack vending, but customers demanding high commissions is a bit daunting to me.  I am convinced you should charge the highest price the market will bear. Those charging only .25 for 1" toys are behind the curve.  The cost of business is going up. Protect your profits.       

I did end up changing the 1" to 50 cents, but kept gumballs at 25.  It's been doing well and the owner has gotten better, so I'm happy I stayed in.  He's very happy with the looks of my equipment (Round Beavers), so that always helps!  I, too was hesitant to pay higher commissions because before this location, I paid at most 25% even at my best location.  With paying higher commissions, you just need more locations to make up for the extra expense.  At this point, I actually prefer placing racks over smaller units.  Don't get me wrong, the little machines add up, but it's always fun when you can collect $100-200+ from one location alone.

• 2 weeks later...

I am paying 35%, but I just serviced it yesterday and it did $74 on Sticky mix from TNT, Hammer Hands from TNT and Nino N Dip at 50 cents and gumballs at 25 cents.  I was very pleased.

How many machines on your rack 4 or 8? I dont know what a 4 way rack is.

you made 74 - 26 (comission) - 14 (candy) = 34 /4 machines= 8.5 per machine

If its 8 machines you made 4.25 per machine.

I wouldnt be happy doing less thatn 15 USD per machine per month on any location.

You've got the right idea of how things work. I would keep the account also. Try and place more machines at locations nearby and it will make it even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've got the right idea of how things work. I would keep the account also. Try and place more machines at locations nearby and it will make it even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that idea.  It's in a very busy area, right by a big mall, but in a nice strip mall with a pizza place next door.  I might just pitch the pizza place; thanks for the input!

Archived