How would you transport this to the location?

sprint54fan

Hello all, tonight I think I made a heck of a deal on ebay. I bought this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USI-SNACK-MACHINE-/141145405832?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=0XUXP8Zq%252Bj2EXKfSMgYHhBD52Jo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I plan to put this machine in a laundry mat on my route, beside my Pepsi third party unit. Anyways, its 170 miles from my town..and my location. I drive a 4 door Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn Edition. Im thinking if I take my toolbox out of the back bed I can lay the machine down in the bed with the tailgate open and ratchet strap it in and bring it home that way. I have NO liftgate..I do have the means to move it once I get it to location but picking it up is all Im concerned with.. what do you guys think? Im used to moving small gum machines and not fullsize stuff! 

Hello all, tonight I think I made a heck of a deal on ebay. I bought this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USI-SNACK-MACHINE-/141145405832?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=0XUXP8Zq%252Bj2EXKfSMgYHhBD52Jo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I plan to put this machine in a laundry mat on my route, beside my Pepsi third party unit. Anyways, its 170 miles from my town..and my location. I drive a 4 door Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn Edition. Im thinking if I take my toolbox out of the back bed I can lay the machine down in the bed with the tailgate open and ratchet strap it in and bring it home that way. I have NO liftgate..I do have the means to move it once I get it to location but picking it up is all Im concerned with.. what do you guys think? Im used to moving small gum machines and not fullsize stuff! 

I've moved snack machines this way in my van,  it helps if you remove the shelves as they weigh a lot.  Because your bed is higher than mine you may need a hand lifting the machine up to shove it in.  To get the machine out I would tie a strap to the front of my other car and just pull it out until it tipped off the back of the bed and then just stand it up - I've pulled this off by myself a couple of times.

Looks like you got a Lance machine made by USI - not my favorite but for the price it should be perfect for a laudromat

Sounds great! I was all excited about getting the unit so cheap..after I bought it I was thinking.."i hope it fits in the truck!!!"

Will the shelves just slide out of this unit or will there be several connectors to take out?

I believe that this model has a molex plug that connects to the back of each shelf - be careful not to jimmy up your tracks when removing the shelves - it can be tricky but it will reduce the weight of the machine by maybe 200 lbs.

Ill have that guy remove them for me..Ive spoke with him before on emailing back and fourth awhile back ago when he was selling a machine..hes getting out of business and has been in it a few years..so im sure he can teach me how to remove and replace them :)

I've moved snack machines this way in my van,  it helps if you remove the shelves as they weigh a lot.  Because your bed is higher than mine you may need a hand lifting the machine up to shove it in.  To get the machine out I would tie a strap to the front of my other car and just pull it out until it tipped off the back of the bed and then just stand it up - I've pulled this off by myself a couple of times.

Looks like you got a Lance machine made by USI - not my favorite but for the price it should be perfect for a laudromat

May I ask why its not your favorite? Any big issues with this unit? is a lance built machine different from a standard usi machine of the same model? if so whats different? was the price a steal of a deal or not?

Ill have that guy remove them for me..Ive spoke with him before on emailing back and fourth awhile back ago when he was selling a machine..hes getting out of business and has been in it a few years..so im sure he can teach me how to remove and replace them :)

Anytime you can pick up an Mdb capable machine for less than $500, you got a good buy.  Given that laundromats can be high abuse locations it's good you won't have a  lot at risk here and it should make good money ( hopefully pay for itself many times over before they destroy it  ;D )

Anytime you can pick up an Mdb capable machine for less than $500, you got a good buy.  Given that laundromats can be high abuse locations it's good you won't have a  lot at risk here and it should make good money ( hopefully pay for itself many times over before they destroy it  ;D )

May I ask why its not your favorite? Any big issues with this unit? is a lance built machine different from a standard usi machine of the same model? if so whats different?

May I ask why its not your favorite? Any big issues with this unit? is a lance built machine different from a standard usi machine of the same model? if so whats different?

I'm not partial to USI machines because they're a bit flimsy - not as well built as my AP7600's.  Lance is a private label brand made by USI usually painted red - I don;t know that they're any different than the USI machines of the same era.  You may want to consider using gloves to handle the shelves as there are some razor sharp edges in these machines. ( another reason I don't like them)

I'm not partial to USI machines because they're a bit flimsy - not as well built as my AP7600's.  Lance is a private label brand made by USI usually painted red - I don;t know that they're any different than the USI machines of the same era.  You may want to consider using gloves to handle the shelves as there are some razor sharp edges in these machines. ( another reason I don't like them)

Razor Sharp edges.. at least if I bleed it will match the red machine LOL! :)

Thanks for all your help tonight..Im eager to get it on location beside the pop machine!

The machine you bought has plugs for each tray on the right side of machine you will see what i mean once you get there. The machine is quite heavy, you will need help to get it in bed of truck. The trays is made of plastic, no metal. It is a fairly large machine, deep and hold a good bit of product.

I have one just like it. I got mine for $300. 

If you go to my gallery I have pictures of it. look for cajun's stuff.

mike

Just place behind truck bed. Like 3 feet away. Tilt (takes 2 of you) then both lift the bottom up until it pushes you a bit back. Then both pull up and push into the.bed. Its very easy. Its heavy yes. But ive done this many times.

The machine you bought has plugs for each tray on the right side of machine you will see what i mean once you get there. The machine is quite heavy, you will need help to get it in bed of truck. The trays is made of plastic, no metal. It is a fairly large machine, deep and hold a good bit of product.

I have one just like it. I got mine for $300. 

If you go to my gallery I have pictures of it. look for cajun's stuff.

mike

will this unit fit through a regular glass door like on front of a location..they took a fullsize soda machine in the door but they opened the door to the machine and slide the machine in and then the door in after..dont know the term for this..but it looked like a pacman when they were sliding it in..

will this unit fit through a regular glass door like on front of a location..they took a fullsize soda machine in the door but they opened the door to the machine and slide the machine in and then the door in after..dont know the term for this..but it looked like a pacman when they were sliding it in..

Just saw your photos..like the lights around your front glass..nice touch!

The four wide USI machine should fit through a store front door, but there really isn't any "standard" store front door so you won't know until you get there.  Chances are it will fit.  This machine is a standard USI machine with Lance graphics on it.  The only thing that might be odd is the logic board.  Even though this machine has a yellow one line display (which generally means a SM3 board) this machine will have an early SM6 board.  The SM6 board is usually used with a blue multi-line display on later model machines and is capable of running a slaved cold or frozen food machine as well as accomodate I-Vend sensors.  However this version of SM6 board doesn't have any of those capabilities.  I believe it's because it is the first version of the SM6 board, but I'm not sure about that and USI is of no help with that question.  I have experience with this machine and the board because I needed to replace one for a customer.  Because it's virtually a one-off board, no one has any advance exchanges for it so it has to be sent to USI for repair.  

Don't let any of this scare you away, it's just my experience and knowledge of the machine.  It does work well, just be aware that you might have the machine down for a week or more if the board goes haywire, which is unlikely.  I do know though, in a pinch you can put in a normal late model SM6 board because all the harnesses in this 3053 machine will fit onto a newer SM6 board.  You might only have to put the eprom from your bad board onto the substitute board to make the display work.

Thanks AZ for responding to his question.

The machine is 28" wide by 35" deep and is 72" tall.

The manuals goes by serial number of machine, I put both up here for you to a find which machine you have.

http://www.aecosales.com/Library/Library_USI/4210555.pdf

good luck with your location.

mike

Thanks AZ for responding to his question.

The machine is 28" wide by 35" deep and is 72" tall.

The manuals goes by serial number of machine, I put both up here for you to a find which machine you have.

good luck with your location.

mike

Thanks alot for the manuals! Im going to measure the door its going in this week..Im pretty sure it will fit tho so no issues there! Im excited to get it and get it on location to let it pay for itself!

Thanks alot for the manuals! Im going to measure the door its going in this week..Im pretty sure it will fit tho so no issues there! Im excited to get it and get it on location to let it pay for itself!

I got mine scrolling across with the name of my vending company on display.

The manual explains how to change display.

You should have no problems getting a 4 wide in a Laundromat - don't forget they managed to get the washers and dryers in there and a soda machine so there's got to be a way.

Archived