My first year as a bulk and amusement vendor

TexasFreemason

I am just thinking of what I got accomplished this year and what my next step will be.

Late February- I purchased a small bulk candy and tattoo route in rural West-Central Texas. 17 locations. 18 candy machines (2-head, 1800, and a couple of U-Turns) and one 3-column tattoo machine, Averages about 10 dollars per location per month.

March- Add about 5 more locations, including a small-town grocery store with an 8-column tattoo machine.

April/May/June- Add a few more locations and remove some low performers.

July- Move a few machines from poor locations to better ones. Get my first kick-out. (A junky U-turn in a salon. Sold the machine to one of the massage therapists for her other location. Got 75 bucks for the golpher machine. Get approval to put a coin pusher in a Mexican restaurant. Buy a pusher and install it at the end of the month.

August- Get permission from the owner of a small chain of convenience stores to install a pusher in one of them, Put it in and in 2 weeks count the money. The owner and I were so pleased that the next day I bought another pusher and put it in another one of the stores.

September- Pull the first pusher out of the restaurant and take it to another one of his stores.

October- Learn a little bit about how to work on pushers.

November- Replace the third pusher I bought and replace it with a better one. The old one is in terrible shape.

December- Wind up the year with a small profit after buying the initial route, inventory, 2 pushers, fees for setting up my LLC, and all other expenses.

So my question is.... What's next?  Should I buy more candy machines? Soda machines? Crane machine? Heaven forbid a Chicken Machine?!?!?!

• 2 weeks later...

stay in bulk machines and build your fleet and cashflow.  Entering into snack and drink vending will take a lot of cash and unless you have loads of money to invest without borrowing  I personally would stay in your current business and expand it further.

stay in bulk machines and build your fleet and cashflow.  Entering into snack and drink vending will take a lot of cash and unless you have loads of money to invest without borrowing  I personally would stay in your current business and expand it further.

Solid advice, wish I had done the same with bulk before I tried to get into cranes.

Archived