Hello folks

Nevil93

So I have an older model Pepsi vending machine. My bill acceptor was not working so I ordered another and replaced it. That bill acceptor only worked one day and now my machine is refusing to accept coins as well. So, with my old bill acceptor, the machine at least accepted coins. Now it's not accepting anything. Can anyone help? Could there be something wrong with the configuration of my switches on my bill acceptor? I have a hotel and this is not helping my business as people are complaining about the vending machine not working. 

Thanks, 

Nevil

Please supply the machine brand and model number, along with coin mech and bill validator brand and model numbers so that someone can be better equipped to help you.

Machine Brand- Dixie Narco

Machine model number- DNCB348MC/206-10 PE2293

Bill validator- Mars VN 2511

Coin mechanism- Mars TRC-6800H

Let me put it this way.. It has not been working since yesterday.. Suddenly, when I went to check on this information, it was working. So, it's doing an on and off cycle now. Know what could be wrong with it?

Thanks, 

Nevil

Machine Brand- Dixie Narco

Machine model number- DNCB348MC/206-10 PE2293

Bill validator- Mars VN 2511

Coin mechanism- Mars TRC-6800H

Let me put it this way.. It has not been working since yesterday.. Suddenly, when I went to check on this information, it was working. So, it's doing an on and off cycle now. Know what could be wrong with it?

Thanks, 

Nevil

Sounds like an intermittent power supply to me - that's normally a very dependable validator and coin mech you've got

Your new bill validator will not determine if your single price machine takes coins or vends, only if bills are accepted.  You should test vend with money, all of your selections 2 to 3 times, paying attention to exactly what happens with coins, bills and products on each and every vend.  Tracking this will allow you to possible pin down what scenario creates the issue.  If you replaced the validator because the machine didn't recognize the credits and now the machine intermittently accepts money, then I would suggest your coin mech is at fault.  But in order to confirm this you must extensively test the machine.

Archived