Candy Crane toy mix?

shepherdsflock

I see that S&B sells several different candy and toy mixes for 24" cranes. In a previous thread, I mentioned that I found an old Challenger crane cheap. The guy put some candy in it, and I figure I'll just toss in some capsuled toys and run that to start with. Once that sells, what mix do you recommend in a pizza buffet at 50 cent vend price located adjacent to an 8 way rack selling toys and tattoos?

From S&B I usually get the 8.2 toy mix for my toy cranes and the candy cranes get the 3.8 fresh start candy mix.  I also get candy from A&A depending on who I am ordering from at that moment.

From S&B I usually get the 8.2 toy mix for my toy cranes and the candy cranes get the 3.8 fresh start candy mix.  I also get candy from A&A depending on who I am ordering from at that moment.

What price are you using for the 8.2 toy mix? Are you doing 50 cents per play or 75 cents? Are your machines play until you win?

What price are you using for the 8.2 toy mix? Are you doing 50 cents per play or 75 cents? Are your machines play until you win?

Mostly $1 play till you win.  I might have a random old crane still out there that hasn't been replaced yet at $.50.  Candy mostly runs at $.50 play to you win.

I recently added a few bouncy ball cranes from ICE selling at $1 play till you win.  I just collected the my first one and it filled an entire bill stacker with a couple hundred $ in quarters in the bucket.  It expected a bump in production but not that good.  Vending 45mm balls.

Mostly $1 play till you win.  I might have a random old crane still out there that hasn't been replaced yet at $.50.  Candy mostly runs at $.50 play to you win.

I recently added a few bouncy ball cranes from ICE selling at $1 play till you win.  I just collected the my first one and it filled an entire bill stacker with a couple hundred $ in quarters in the bucket.  It expected a bump in production but not that good.  Vending 45mm balls.

The machine I'm buying is too old to have a bill validator. Just quarter slots. I can adjust the price in 25 cent increments all the way up to $2. Do you think I could do okay at $1 play till you win without a bill validator with good product?

I think the $1 play will be fine.  Always helps to have a DBA but the crane is cheap enough that you won't be under too much pressure to get your money back too quick.

The machine I'm buying is too old to have a bill validator. Just quarter slots. I can adjust the price in 25 cent increments all the way up to $2. Do you think I could do okay at $1 play till you win without a bill validator with good product?

U can add a val to that crane they make em in a box that bolts on to the side and u just wire it in to the power and coin line set the vali to 4 pulse for 1.00

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

U can add a val to that crane they make em in a box that bolts on to the side and u just wire it in to the power and coin line set the vali to 4 pulse for 1.00

Really? What validators work for this?

Any stackerless or downstacker id recommend a mars u will also need to check what voltages come off ur power supply

Ill snap a pick of a machine tomorrow with this set up

Any stackerless or downstacker id recommend a mars u will also need to check what voltages come off ur power supply

Ill snap a pick of a machine tomorrow with this set up

Could you still post a photo of your machine? This is something I might be interested in trying.

6eje6a.jpg

now u can get these boxes off happ for $130 or so 

http://na.suzohapp.com/amusement_products/coin_doors/40-0448-01

or u can try to find one of these cheapo low capacity bill changers like coffee inns

and just rip out the guts of the bill changer part and leave the validator

and connect it up that way. those will work exactly the same. I've seen those go 

for 30-50 bucks on CL 

now to connect it u just drill a hole for the bolt and another for the wiring. get a wiring pinout of the harness to mark off

what wire goes to what function. one will go to the coin line and another will go to the ground...now depending if u have a DC or AC

validator u might have 1 (DC) or 2 (AC) connections for power. you can ignore the other wires on the validator harness just cap them off

with caps or electrical tape. 

you connect up to the power whatever voltage is needed either coming directly off the power supply, or tap the 110 line coming into the game. If u cant get a suitable DC voltage you might need a transformer but odds are you will be able to find a 12v dc line somewhere 

getting an 117V AC validator is probably the easiest solution really. 

just connect the coin line thru to the coin door. splice it in where the coin lines connect to the switches on the mech. 

its that simple if u done everything right (and u set the validator to FOUR PULSES PER DOLLAR) you should have a working

validator following these steps. 

heres a pic of a coffee inns changer so u know what im talking about

Coffee%20Inns%20cm100.JPG

Hmm... I'll think long and hard about this one. It sounds like a good way to increase play, but it will likely cost almost as much as the machine. I'm only paying $375 for the machine. An extra $150-200 to upgrade it to a bill validator sounds like a lot of money for a machine that isn't worth all that much to begin with.

Hmm... I'll think long and hard about this one. It sounds like a good way to increase play, but it will likely cost almost as much as the machine. I'm only paying $375 for the machine. An extra $150-200 to upgrade it to a bill validator sounds like a lot of money for a machine that isn't worth all that much to begin with.

put a val on anything will DRAMATICALLY increase play especially if i can take $1 & $5

if u cant take bills and u leave it @ $1.00 price u wont make very much money not many ppl

have that many quarters laying around. I find a lot of $5s in my cranes 

put a val on anything will DRAMATICALLY increase play especially if i can take $1 & $5

if u cant take bills and u leave it @ $1.00 price u wont make very much money not many ppl

have that many quarters laying around. I find a lot of $5s in my cranes 

Until I can do the bill validator, what product mix and vend price do you recommend for a coin-only machine?

I'm thinking about a really cheap candy mix priced at 50 cents. Then when I do the validator, switch to a higher value toy mix priced at $1.

What do you think?

Yeah set it on 50c using a 3.2c candy mix. Just to be sure chek a few suppliers for a chaper toy mix cos thst seems high to me I tried candy when I first started and it can get ants, melt and leave crud inside the crane, etc I hate it

Yeah set it on 50c using a 3.2c candy mix. Just to be sure chek a few suppliers for a chaper toy mix cos thst seems high to me I tried candy when I first started and it can get ants, melt and leave crud inside the crane, etc I hate it

So are you suggesting just going right for a toy mix at 50 cents? I don't think ants will be a problem, but in the summer I could see melted candy becoming an issue. The cheap toy mixes that I would want to sell at 50 cents look pretty junky. I'm afraid they wouldn't sell well. What has your experience been like?

So are you suggesting just going right for a toy mix at 50 cents? I don't think ants will be a problem, but in the summer I could see melted candy becoming an issue. The cheap toy mixes that I would want to sell at 50 cents look pretty junky. I'm afraid they wouldn't sell well. What has your experience been like?

Ppl go for the 50c toy mix I useits really the novelty of using the game ur majorly overthinking this

• 2 months later...

How long does a candy mix from S&B last?

Probably longer than twinkies.  I run through the stuff fast enough not to have to worry about it.  Nothing all that perishable in the mixes so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Archived