Question about my AP CS12 Bill Acceptor

Good morning guys. I am having an issue with one of my machines. So, I have replaced the Coinco Mag50B 3 times now in my machine. I am beginning to realize that it's not the bill acceptor that is the problem, but it must be the wiring? I get almost constant jams. So the question is. What could be happening? I notice that when I put a dollar in, it sounds very weak, almost like the acceptor is not getting enough power. I suck at fixing my own machines as I'm new to this, but constant jams are killing me slowly! I called the company where I bought it from, and they wanted me to test the power, but I am no electrician! Please help guys..

Hope everyone had a great new year! 

First of all the Mag50B won't work in the CS12 machine.  If it's Coinco, you must be using a BA32SA that is 24v.  If you have put 3 KNOWN GOOD BA32SA validators in and they all exhibit the same symptom of slow motor (which should reject the bill not jam it) then you either have a bad harness or poor voltage to the validator.  If you don't have a service tech who is good at troubleshooting electrical circuits then you need to become familiar with it yourself.

Tell me, can you duplicate this problem?  How often does it happen?  Can you get it to take several bills and consequently vend several times in a row?  How and where do the bills get stuck?  Are they wrinkled?  Are they found totally vertical in the belts and just not pushed into the stacker?  What else is plugged in near the machine and is anything else plugged into this outlet.?  Do the lights in the room ever dim?  Do you have three terminals on your power plug in the wall?  Is there any sign of damage to squishing of the power cord? 

The validator is connected with two harnesses, one for power that goes to the white 9 pin connector from the validator and one for communication which plugs in to the bottom of your validator board.   Both harnesses exit out the back of the snack cabinet and enter the cabinet holding the validator.  Make sure neither harness is damaged where they go through the cabinets.

Answers to ALL of these questions will help us figure this out.

This is the very reason I like Mars BA.

I can think of no wiring problem that will jam bills.

Most likely you rebuilder is scrimping on parts. Not changing them or using low quality knock off parts.

I say try a different rebuilder and or a Mars 2500 unit.

Walta

Cajun, how hard is it to install those new BA on the APCS12's? I will email Rmorris. Is that his username? 

Az can help you with this to!

He is very knowledgeable at these vending machines! I ran all my wires thru the the top and bottom cabinets and sealed up the holes in back of machine with sheet metal. I installed mars dba by cutting a hole in upper right hand corner of bottom door. I also turned the dba upside down so it is higher up on door, a trick Roger Morris told me about!

mike 

• 2 months later...

I've been having that same problem, motor sounds weak when pulling in a bill. Accepts bills most of the time, sometimes doesn't register a credit and went to fill machine after 4 days and bill was jammed. Not the first jammed bill either. This is the second validator I've installed and seem to act the same. Both validators were in used condition, not seller refurbished. Belts don't look the best, so I assumed that might be the problem.

AZVendor, could you explain how to test voltage of harness for correct voltage? I have a voltage meter and have a basic knowledge in electric, however, more so with electricity in a home. Eager to learn however. I've made it this far by tinkering with my first machine by fixing a broken one (trial and error) and lots of manuals..lol...anyway, your expertise would be much appreciated. Thanks.

The first thing you need to know is if the circuit is AC or DC voltage and what the voltage is, then set your meter accordingly.  Always measure from the positive side to the negative side and remember that if the circuit is DC voltage you are probably dealing with logic-level voltage and there will be a common ground to the circuit that may be sourced from the logic board.  If you were measuring AC you will likely get a reading even if you aren't sure which wire is the negative side due to the alternating voltage.  DC voltage requires you to know the negative or ground side so your meter doesn't read reverse polarity which could give you an odd reading.

If you give me an example of what you want to measure I can be more specific.

• 9 months later...

Az can help you with this to!

He is very knowledgeable at these vending machines! I ran all my wires thru the the top and bottom cabinets and sealed up the holes in back of machine with sheet metal. I installed mars dba by cutting a hole in upper right hand corner of bottom door. I also turned the dba upside down so it is higher up on door, a trick Roger Morris told me about!

mike 

this is what i am working on, were you able to purchase the wiring harness for this, if i am reading your post right you pulled the harness from the back or the machine and ran that up front to the cabinet door where you mounted the bill acceptor. but didnt you have to connect to the control board in the p6 slot 9cash meter as written inschematic in manual?  i have a mars 2512 mdb that i would like to use if i can.

Archived