Internet explorer 11

Walta

I just updated to IE 11 the think I find most frustrating is I can no longer write my post if word and copy and paste it in to the reply box no longer works on this site but does work on other sites message boards.

Now I open Chrome browser and paste.

Is this a setting I need to change or is it the software on vendiscuss.net that needs a change?

Walta

Well, honestly it is IE that needs a change. I can't tell you how many threads I've started around here pleading people to stop using that inferior software.

The IE dinosaur will never work the same on all sites. It doesn't follow normal, widely accepted internet protocols therefore there are many things that simply do not work in IE. Microsoft has taken the stance that all web development should adhere to their practices and they won't change. In the beginning, it was fine. IE was all there was. Now, web technology has moved past that and Microsoft refuses to keep up.

As such, many, if not most, developers of websites and web applications simply refuse to acknowledge the existence of IE. Its just too time consuming to develop products that work with IE and work with everything else. This leaves developers with the decision to either compromise their vision and develop an application that works in IE, keep their vision in tact and develop only for everything else, or develop 2 applications. One for IE and one for everything else.

In short, I am proud to say that TVF is, and always will be developed for all forward thinking browsers. TVF does not display well in IE nor do all of the features work in IE. This decision was made by Microsoft, not me or the developers of the software.

To enjoy TVF to the extent it was designed, please use a web compliant browser.

However, if you were able to get through all of that and you are still reading, you can easily paste content to the post area by using the "paste from clipboard" button in the editor. Make sure you are using the proper editor. You can choose editor options in your settings.

Walta,

Sorry for the rant. It wasn't directed at you. IE has always been a sore spot for me.

Anyway, I've attached an image showing where the paste buttons are. If you can not simply paste in the conventional way, you can click on one of the 3 paste buttons located in the editor.

Since you mentioned "Word", I've highlighted the Word button but the two buttons to the left of it are paste buttons as well. When you click the paste button, you will be given a popup in which to paste your text.

Hope this helps!

post-1-0-45472700-1388859350_thumb.png

Thanks for the help.

When I click on the icon I get a pop up and can paste to it but when I click OK It seem to disappear instead of showing up in the reply box.

I have been known to go a Microsoft rant myself.

Walta

I just updated to IE 11 the think I find most frustrating is I can no longer write my post if word and copy and paste it in to the reply box no longer works on this site but does work on other sites message boards.

Now I open Chrome browser and paste.

Is this a setting I need to change or is it the software on vendiscuss.net that needs a change?

Walta

The only thing IE is good for is to use to upgrade to Firefox.  I work as a trainer for a VPN/Modem/Router support company as my full time job & out of the 300+ employees that work there I would be willing to bet that none of them use IE.  As soon as new employee gets their computer setup we install Firefox & almost everyone continues to use it.  There are a few employees that switch to Chrome after that but Firefox is the browser of choice at my work.

Thank for the help.

But this seems to have been the last straw and forced me learning how to get around in chrome at this point I do not think I am going back.

Walta

Thank for the help.

But this seems to have been the last straw and forced me learning how to get around in chrome at this point I do not think I am going back.

Walta

Well then, forget what I said! Welcome to the future! :)

Archived