DO you pack HEAT ?

vendboy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NVLINC

My wife has a Bersa Thunder .380 and they make a nice carry if you are in the market. I have the FireStorm MINI 40 S&W Nickel Finish 10 Rd. It is not as compact but I like the feel of it. AR's are nice but I just can't seem trust them over an AK for durability in the long run. Just my opinion.

Guest betty51

I have been doing this for a long time and only this year my retired DH wants to "drive" me around. No guns here for sure . Never felt like I needed to . But nice to have Hubby with me

Very interesting thing is happening due to he economy / election,etc. Gun sales have spiked. Also, I have been installing an access control system for one of the county Sherrif's offices near Charlotte. All day long every day since I've been there people are coming in sometimes 2 or 3 at a time getting applications for concealed weapons permits and asking where to take the classes. One of the ladies up front who hands out the applications said "what in the world is going on? I've never seen anything like this. I am almost out of applications." to the other lady who works there. She responded that people are worried about the economy (crime) and the election (the government taking away their guns.)

Very interesting........

Yes I have heard that too from down here. Sales are up and CCW's are going up as well. I know several poeple stockpiling ammo but who am I to say that more then a few thoudands rounds is an alarmist. The quote I heard most leading up to election day was "you better get prepared for a race war or riot". I think a lot has to do with the economy right now. Crime is going up from what I can see. There are 7 houses on my street and in the last year 2 have been robbed sucessfully. They got over $5000 worth of stuff from the house down the street a few weeks ago. They left the big garage door unlocked. They backed a truck inside, put the door down and loaded up then drove off. The 2 pit bulls chained up in the back yard did not try to stop them, go figure. My next door neighbor had his front door kicked in while they were at work and lost his 60" TV and some other things. I have a sign on the wall by my front door explaining what will happen if they try it here. From being attacked by 4 dogs to the alarm going to the police followed by the sound of gunshots being fired in their direction. So far it seems to be working. I have serial & model numbers of all the high dollar stuff recorded on a compact flash card.

I have a sign on the wall by my front door explaining what will happen if they try it here. From being attacked by 4 dogs to the alarm going to the police followed by the sound of gunshots being fired in their direction. So far it seems to be working. I have serial & model numbers of all the high dollar stuff recorded on a compact flash card.

Thats the way to do it!!

I am thinking of putting land mines in my yard!;):D

If anyone on the forum has questions regarding electronic security I can offer plenty of advice.

Very interesting thing is happening due to he economy / election,etc. Gun sales have spiked.

I hope this doesnt translate into higher stock prices! I have a heavy postion in Smith & Wesson. Been buying their stock for years and recently it's been tanking. Down to $1.25 this afternoon. I call it a "Fire Sale" though. I'm trying to average down by buying low but I have so much that I bought at over $10 that it will take some time. The longer it stays around 2 bucks a share the better off I'll be! :D

Steve

Diversify into ammo stock Steve. Perhaps Federal or Remmington or Winchester. A quick sear brought up this site with this warning:

Due to the large numbers of orders that we are receiving at ammunitiontogo.com, the shipment of your order may be delayed by 10-14 business days. We apologize for this inconvenience.

• 2 months later...

I am a federal officer working for the Dept of Homeland Security, I would suggest to anyone that lives in a state where concealed carry is permitted to get licensed and carry for you personal safety while collecting .  Just my 25cents

Well ty antonio.

I find life is to short not to be able to laugh.

I see you have a good sense of humour your aviator pic is great.

I agree life is too short not to be able to laugh.

thanks,that is my daughter,it is a picture that went in the paper for an ad for my familys pizza shop.under the pic it said"theres a little Italian in everything we make"

:D That is cute your ad must have done well

it`s hard(at least for me)to judge how much an ad helps in increased sales.

we did get compliments at the store and out so it had to have had some effect.

anyway  bot.

I might start carrying a pistol in the trunk.Illinois has stricter gun laws and wont allow concealled weapons.I wouldn`t carry it anyways but would probably be able to keep it loaded instead of unloaded and seperate as is now.

• 2 weeks later...

> > Subject: Gun Control Law! Please read this is important!

> >

> > Well Congress is at it again, while we are all worried about the economy, congress is righting legislation that is a direct assault on the 2ND Amendment.

> > Its called HR45 Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

> > Haven't heard of it? Well not very many people have. We are all focused on the stimulus crap they are pushing. But in from the backdoor comes some of the most oppressive gun control we have ever seen.

> > So what is it? In nut shell you would have to have a Federal License to own a Hand Gun (Auto or Revolver, any hand gun!) or a Rifle with a removable magazine (clip fed). But that's not all, not even close.

> > To get this license you would have to...

> > Keep a current address on file in a data base in DC, update that address if you move (at a cost of $25 of course)

> > Submit to a Mental and Physical Health background check

> > Report any sale of the firearm, even private sales or gifts. (So the Gov can track your friends and family)

> > But wait theres more, if you have children in your home (any one not yet 18 yrs of age) The Government will have the right to enter your home and check to make sure you are storing your guns properly(child locks, ammo and gun separation, etc) . And if you fail the inspection or fail any of their other criteria? Well you lose your right to own firearms and go to JAIL.

> > You can read it all here at http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show or just Google HR 45 Blair Holt.

> > Please if you do one thing this year, send this to every one you know, and contact you "elected Representatives" and tell them we are not going to accept this. At least not without a fight!

That is a very frightening law. First they take your tax money and give it to failing banks and insurance companies....then they take your guns so you can't defend yourself......sounds like the US Gov't doesn't like its citizens that much anymore! Makes me seriously consider moving away.

I am not worried as we always seem to have one of the popping up from time to time. People don't realize how many guns are out there and what a job it would be to undertake something like this. I do not hunt animals and we have 4 handguns and 2 rifles. Most people are so fed up with this country that it will take a SWAT team just to get guns away from one person because most owners would rather die then hand them over. Go sign the petition here: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/lets-stop-bill-hr-45. I am signed in at #30 on the list and you can read my comment there.

Beer980 wrote:

I am not worried as we always seem to have one of the popping up from time to time. People don't realize how many guns are out there and what a job it would be to undertake something like this. I do not hunt animals and we have 4 handguns and 2 rifles. Most people are so fed up with this country that it will take a SWAT team just to get guns away from one person because most owners would rather die then hand them over. Go sign the petition here: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/lets-stop-bill-hr-45. I am signed in at #30 on the list and you can read my comment there.

Interesting that you would say you are not worried, according to the Bill of Rights and backed by Article 4, Section2 and Article 6 of the constitution, we have the right to "Keep and Bear Arms" but to do that in most states you have to have a license and up until recently before the Dems took over you could not even own one in DC. It is unconstitutional yet it is in effect.

They have been attempting to take this right away from us a bit at a time and have been succeeding handily.

Be worried, be active, stop it before it happens, afterward is to late.

check this topic: http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=3590&forum_id=18

Archived