AP 6000

hawksfan9325

Quick question. On my "new" AP 6000 I just bought, is it normal for there not to be a display on the LED, until someone puts money in? My distributor told me that the display only lights up when customer puts money in, otherwise it's blank. That seems really odd..

The AP6K and 7K as well as the older AP4K and 5K will only light the dispay after the first coin or bill is inserted. It is a shortcoming that AP didn't change until the AP110 series came out. These are the only machines that do this. Just make sure your cabinet light always works or the machine will look totally dead.

There's no need for a sign as long as the flourescent light works. People generally ignore the display even after they put money in as their focus is usually on their money or watching for the product to drop. This is proven when they describe their lost money and can never tell you whether their money showed on the display or if it showed how much change it was paying out or if any message scrolled across. Humans are funny that way.

Glad to see you like the AP machines, only bad thing with the AP 6000 is it does not hold enough product for some locations. Now a AP 6600 XL is the machine to have due to it been a deeper machine, longer spirals. Good luck with the location.

the blank display issue is one of the big reasons that I am looking to upgrade to the vendors exchange universal control board (UCB). With the upgraded board you can make scrolling displays with custom messages along with the benefits of MDB, DEX and much more advanced programming features

the blank display issue is one of the big reasons that I am looking to upgrade to the vendors exchange universal control board (UCB). With the upgraded board you can make scrolling displays with custom messages along with the benefits of MDB, DEX and much more advanced programming features

Do you think the blank LED affects sales a bit? 

I don't have any facts or evidence one way or the other, but I just think that if I wasnt in vending and I walked by a snack machine with a blank display, I would less likely buy something than if it had "0.00" or some message displayed letting me know that the machine was on and working properly. I have however been known to be the odd man out with my thoughts haha.

Once a machine has been on a location for a while, people get to know it and the blank display is rarely ever an issue. I personally like a display that reads out as it makes servicing a little quicker as at least I know the board is active. It's a good idea to drop a coin in and hit the coin return if you are unsure about the operational aspect of the equipment.

• 1 year later...

Archived