cd-6 standalone

2dudes

Would it be worth it to go after this one?  Says it doesn't keep the sodas cold so most likely new compressor.  They want $200 but I am thinking less than that.  I could get this in a smaller place close to my house and make a few bucks off of it.  I do realize it only holds 1.5 cases of each and is limited to 6 selections which could be limiting. 

post-8306-0-58170600-1391656986_thumb.jpg

If everything else works, I would only offer no more than $100 for it.  The reason is that this machine is definitely old and there are many parts that can easily fail.  To fix the refrigeration deck could cost as much as $400 if the compressor is bad.  Motors and everything else could run several hundred more dollars.  Only get this if you can use it right away.  Otherwise, you will be stuck with a narrow machine that doesn't have a very high capacity (180 cans maybe?) and only has 6 selections.  It isn't ideal for decent locations; it is only good for locations that NEED a VERY narrow cabinet (21 inches).

Like Chris said, this is a very narrow machine and useful mainly for locations with limited space or smaller populations.  It is a can-only machine using a serpentine rack, though it's also multi-price for 12 oz juices, etc.  The cooling problem might not be a compressor but you won't know until you get there to look at it.  It could be low on freon, indicated by significant frost on the evaporator after it runs for a few hours.  It could also be one or both fans on the back of the cooling unit that have failed or run too slow.  If you listen to the cooling unit running and you can hear a distinctive click as the compressor dome turns on and another click within a few seconds as the overload turns it off then you know the compressor is bad and must be replaced.

I too, would only offer a hundred bucks because not only could it need a compressor but you don't know if it might need a coin mech or bill validator rebuilt too.

Archived