Coin Pusher-- Need Advice

Cjsealy

Hey guys, I recently acquired a used coin pusher as a test run to see if I want to invest in more machines. The model I have is an older "Liberty Falls" machine. All the actual playfield mechanisms work perfect. However, the tilt alarm does not work. I checked the plumbob assembly and found it not hooked up. I hooked it back up, but when I turn the tubular key in the front, the alarm constantly sounds and the trapdoor closes. If I leave the key unturned, the machine plays but the alarm is not on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as this is my first machine!!

sounds like somebody put aftermarket alarm to sound in case door is open or key is turned or something.. the key should affect alarm system?? if there are wires coming from that key lock(probably a key lock switch) just un-attach them as they are not needed for normal operation of  a coin pusher alarm.

of if you see button switch anywhere and it switch opens when door is open (like switch on your fridge door that turns light on) then un-attach that..if the circuit is "always closed" and this actually "opens circuit" then just unhook switch and connect wires together,,you'll see what it is if when you unplug switch the result is same as when door was open..

just a thought

ron

Archived