Can anyone identify these machines?

m2736185

Found these machines for sale. Its a bit of a drive, but it might be a good deal. They are both going for $1300. I believe the soda is a DN and the snack is an older national crane. I might try putting the snack machine outside in a shaded area for a few months until the summer gets here if it holds up that long. The seller doesn't want to separate and it beats trying to store it somewhere

01111_coUhalmFy3u_600x450.jpg

Found these machines for sale. Its a bit of a drive, but it might be a good deal. They are both going for $1300. I believe the soda is a DN and the snack is an older national crane. I might try putting the snack machine outside in a shaded area for a few months until the summer gets here if it holds up that long. The seller doesn't want to separate and it beats trying to store it somewhere

01111_coUhalmFy3u_600x450.jpg

The snack machine is an old National 145, this machine is not MDB  - soda machine is too blurry to Id

If its not MDB does that mean its not multi price?

So I am facing a dilemma here....I can place the 2 machines pictures above which is  National 145 and the 501e for $1300 in a shaded outdoor location

OR I can place the machine below and an outside m&ms candy machine which proly wont make half as many sales....but it is outdoor rated.  The other down side is the machine pictured below (can anyone identify) is a DN SINGLE priced unit. So I would have to sell everything for $1.00 ..Gatorade, water...and cans. It wouldn't make much on the Gatorade, but the owner insist.

01616_hUYRx8vnk2C_600x450.jpg

The Nat 145 is multiprice and the only thing to consider is that you may have to upgrade the validator if it's still a Maka unit. The DN501E is perfect for what you need.

The second soda is a 501E as well so it might actually be multiprice, but some were made as single price.

I don't know where you live but if you have a Frys food or Kroger they sell Gatorade about twice a year for 2 8 packs for 8 dollars. So that would be good profit in my opinion. Here in AZ they never have a limit and the managers or more then happy to order extra for you.

So I decided to drive 3 hours away and pick up the 501e fixed price, but it turns out it was a 601e fixed price bottle and can. I guess from all the reading I did I figured I knew a lot more about these machines than I had thought. So it has a new compressor, but is not in working vending operation. Seller said it needed some harness to connect the validator because there was a credit card validator that was taken off or something like that. New compressor and it gets ice cold. I also forgot I guess you need adapters to swap from cans to bottles? He is selling it really cheap $300. If I knew more about these machines I would have picked it up. Here are some pics 

gallery_8127_202_218026.jpg gallery_8127_202_196658.jpg gallery_8127_202_685147.jpg

That's a good price for a DN E model machine, nice pick up.  I have any parts you might need for this machine including any harness and the shims for specific products.  I also see you might need a motor cover unless you removed it for the photo.  PM me for any of your parts needs.  I can also send you my phone number if you need technical help with this.

It seems odd that someone would have a CC reader on a single price machine and in addition, I've never seen a single price Dixie 501e or 601e machine - sounds like the terminology may be mixed up a little here.

So I decided to drive 3 hours away and pick up the 501e fixed price, but it turns out it was a 601e fixed price bottle and can. I guess from all the reading I did I figured I knew a lot more about these machines than I had thought. So it has a new compressor, but is not in working vending operation. Seller said it needed some harness to connect the validator because there was a credit card validator that was taken off or something like that. New compressor and it gets ice cold. I also forgot I guess you need adapters to swap from cans to bottles? He is selling it really cheap $300. If I knew more about these machines I would have picked it up. Here are some pics 

gallery_8127_202_218026.jpg gallery_8127_202_196658.jpg gallery_8127_202_685147.jpg

After looking again at these photos, this is a strange machine.  It is an E model based on the motors and it appears to have a logic board mounted right next to the bill validator, but the logic board looks too small to be an SIID, but if it is it's in a real unusual location.  Additionally the bill validator board is completely exposed and not in a plastic case as it should be.  The validator board is also a long one so this is an older BA series validator and I will bet it is bad due to the exposed board which could easily be shorted out.  You should plan on replacing the validator for a complete and rebuilt unit.

Further photos of the complete interior of the door, top to bottom, would be great to see why the machine's board is located where it is.  It's possible someone took all the wiring from a 501E and put it in a 600E cabinet, leaving the harnesses too short to properly mount the board in the top of the door.  Very weird.

Az: I'll definitely shoot you a pm if I decide to pick it up.

The machines has been refurbished because it has been painted so the rewriting is a possibility. The story behind this machine is it use to be at an office and it had a reader for the employees to get free sodas.. The reader was taken out.

Archived