Another newbie checking in

GoVols01

Hey guys,

I've been reading through this site for over a week now because my wife and I are looking for a small business opportunity that has potential to grow and make us some money on the side.  Long term (and long shot) I'd be willing to quit my FT job and run a vending business, but the vend income would need to displace my current job 1st.

At any rate, I'd like to know the time commitment needed to service up to 5 machines.  I see a lot of negativity about combo machines, but I like the idea of them.  If I place up to 5 of these machines in some moderate traffic areas, how often can I expect to service them each visit and how often do they need to be serviced?  I realize there's tons of factors, so please just speak from your own experience.

I work 40 hours a week and take care of our kids after work and then do family stuff on weekends.  Would this business consume all my current spare time?

Thanks for your input guys!

Welcome!

Stay away from the china made combo machines, not worth your time or hard earn money. If you can find some USA made machines you will be better off, especially if you find vending is not for you. Separate cold drink and snack machines is the ideal way to go. Or just cold drink machine single price till you learn the in's and out's of vending.

Starting a vending business is very hard work and will take a while to get yourself started in good locations.

As for servicing the machines it all depends on what type of location you find, one with a lot of workers or a small location with just a few workers. I will not put a machine at any location with less than 20 to 30 people, factory workers, not office people.

Don't be afraid to ask questions about any machine you come across to buy and also put up pictures of said machine and you will get answers!

Good luck in your venture.

Hey guys,

I've been reading through this site for over a week now because my wife and I are looking for a small business opportunity that has potential to grow and make us some money on the side.  Long term (and long shot) I'd be willing to quit my FT job and run a vending business, but the vend income would need to displace my current job 1st.

At any rate, I'd like to know the time commitment needed to service up to 5 machines.  I see a lot of negativity about combo machines, but I like the idea of them.  If I place up to 5 of these machines in some moderate traffic areas, how often can I expect to service them each visit and how often do they need to be serviced?  I realize there's tons of factors, so please just speak from your own experience.

I work 40 hours a week and take care of our kids after work and then do family stuff on weekends.  Would this business consume all my current spare time?

Thanks for your input guys!

Welcome and good luck with your venture. A typical combo machine should take 15-30 minutes to service depending on how much you have to add, but that does not include drive time, time getting and buying product or record keeping.

Archived