Good deal?

orsd

Pic 1 is a USI CD7 can-only serpentine machine with a Maka validator.  Pain in the a## to put a compressor in.

Pic 2 is a DN368/501 multiprice with a Coinco BA validator.  It has either an MPC board or an SII board.  Good buy at $200.  The snack is an AP4600 with a Maka validator add-on.  Worth $200 if you want to refurb it.

Pic 3 is a Vendo V312 or so with a Maka validator.  The age of this one means it's a lowering shelf machine so you won't want it.

Pic 4 is a Vendo V407/516 multiprice with a Maka validator.  It probably has a Ver 5.0 board but will do only cans or 16 oz water.

Pic 5 is a USI CD10 can-only serpentine machine with a Coinco BA validator.  This one weighs about 950 lbs and the compressor is a pain in the a## to replace.

Basically the only worthwhile ones appear to be pic 2 and maybe pic 4 as it is unlikely to be a lowering shelf machine.

If I could get $399 for my old soda machines I would sell them in a heartbeat. I find that if I can get $60-$100 each I'm doing good. $60 is the scrap price after stripping the plastic off. I have sold a few oldies to people that just wanted to keep their beer in them on the back porch. lol.

is the hard to pull cooling deck the only defect with the CD machines

because if it is, i really dont care because an old $50 soda machine is not with putting a new cooling deck on-its more of a disposable machine.

also, when the seller says doesn't get too cold what could that mean

With the USI CD models, not only are the compressors hard to remove but it's real hard to get to the evaporator motors when one fails. The way USI mounted the evaporators and the fans on a very heavy bracket piggybacked on the evaporator is what makes it hard, along with the limited room to work under the can rack. The CD 10 has 2 evap fans as might the CD8 and CD7. They aren't the robust unit bearing fan motors used in DN, Royal and Vendo machines use so they fail much earlier.

The cooling problem that one has could be low freon, bad condensing or evaporator fan, a short cycling compressor or thermostat (Special ones for USI's that are set only to 1 1/2 - 2 on the dial) or a bad compressor. You'd have to look at it to see what it might be.

Archived