help! rainbow crane

freebeing

Hello All, New to the forum and kinda new in the skill crane business. I've got a rainbow crane and the string broke, i restrung it but now when it returns home the claw just bounces up and down, i compared it to another i have that is working great an i'm sure i ran the string right, anybody know why the claw would just bounce?

Ur up switch is either bad or mis adjusted I've found it can be touchy it needs to be just right. I take a small wad of paper and slip it between the cherry switch and actuator arm to account for using a slighty diff switch that may not exactly fit ill get a pic when I can. The switch I'm talkng about is the one that is above the plate the claw rests against when its all the way up. Sometimes when ur switch is just slighty diff from the factory one it won't close when its all the way up so I use a wad of paper to compensate hope this makes sense

thanks for the help guy's, i thought it might be that switch wasn't being pushed up far enough so i bent the arm out a little then bent it back up neither of which made any difference. I bought some new switches today and will replace it tomorrow, i'll try the paper wad first to see what that does.

thanks again

Archived