Using a Triple machine as a double or single

Outlander

OK, here goes, as I said in an earlier post I have a tendency to make thing do what they were not originally designed for doing.

I have seen a number of post dealing with what machine is best single or triple, to me it really just depends on the location and both have their place.

Now if you only have triples you can still use it as a double or a single especially if you bought it at a good price as I have bought some for $15 ea for NW Triple Plays. This does not work on Vendstar 3000 machines, it can be done but is a different mod.

I use this only as an interim fix until I can get another 1 or 2 singles to replace the triple or if the location owner is just sold on the triple machine looks, it does happen, go figure. :?

To make a double, remove one of the dividers and cut an opening near the bottom in the divider giving about 6 sq.in. of opening but leaving a border around the edges of at least 3/4". Replace and fill.

You now have a double with one larger capacity bin for the most popular product and 2 mechs to operate it, just in case one quits working for any reason.

Do this twice and you have a single.

It can easily be changed back at any time by replacing the dividers.

That was my initial thought also Tedk. It seems like a lot of work for a temporary problem though. I would leave the middle slot empty if you have to only have two slots going but why not use something in that other slot. I never fill my triple slots over half way as I service them once a month and they have never run out. It would be nice to have that kind of problem. Even if you fill that slot full you will have about 480 vends in it. That is $120 per slot and when you open the back it would look like a Vegas slot paying off if you did that for both slots.

its not ideal it won't look great to have a empty thing, why don't you fill it a tripple dosn't take that much candy. If you don't want to do this i would just use 2 slots, you will be making money better than waiting till you have the machines, in the meantime you can make money. where did you find that sweet deal?

Beer980 wrote:

That was my initial thought also Tedk. It seems like a lot of work for a temporary problem though. I would leave the middle slot empty if you have to only have two slots going but why not use something in that other slot. I never fill my triple slots over half way as I service them once a month and they have never run out. It would be nice to have that kind of problem. Even if you fill that slot full you will have about 480 vends in it. That is $120 per slot and when you open the back it would look like a Vegas slot paying off if you did that for both slots.

What brand of triple are you using Beer? I have ultravends and Vendstars mostly. The ultravend has a volume capacity of 112 oz which equals approx. 1 2/3 bags of mmp equaling approx 92 oz of weight. With a 1/2 oz vend it equals 184 quarters per slot. The largest I know of is the Seaga with a volume of 160 oz, equalling 132 oz weight for 264 vends @ 1/2 oz.

I have had several machines where one bin would be totally empty from a full start and another one not hardly touched, made one out of two and doesn't run dry any more and I don't have dead product sitting there.

FVC

On Craigslist, keep an eye out, they do come along.

Outlander

I have a Seaga TV3000 triple and GMW TV3000 clone that are rated for 15 pounds per compartment. I believe my XYZ is also the same size. That would be four of the bags from Sam's per slot. Even my Seaga Millennia will hold 15 pounds they say.

Guth Vending wrote:

OR,

You can just fill both canisters with the same product.

That would be the same

Kyle

Almost, I cant count the number of time where i had 2 canisters of the same product and one canister was out, I would get a call from the location saying we needed to re-fill the machine only to arrive and find plenty of prod in the other canister, this is one of the reasons that prompted me to make this mod.