moving

orsd

i was thinking that in order to get soda machines that are an hours drive away, that i would just get a mover at one end and the other to help load an unload.

so question 1 is will this be a good idea

question 2 is are the 26k gross international diesel box trucks hard to drive if your a first timer and all you have driven is an u haul style truck one or two times(small 20 dollar ones) and your daily regular driver is an SUV?

thanks

i was thinking that in order to get soda machines that are an hours drive away, that i would just get a mover at one end and the other to help load an unload.

so question 1 is will this be a good idea

question 2 is are the 26k gross international diesel box trucks hard to drive if your a first timer and all you have driven is an u haul style truck one or two times(small 20 dollar ones) and your daily regular driver is an SUV?

thanks

Not too sure what you're asking in question one but you know the drill regarding traffic in the southland - do you really want to drive that beast around.?

to clarify, question one was asking if its better to just have the pros load and unload and the driving is done yourself or its it better to just have the pros load drive and unload

keep in mind this is a 1+ hr drive(SD to OC

You would be better off finding a machine mover with a stakebed or box truck that allows them to move 6+ machines at one time. This way they can do all the work for you. There should be a vending mover with such a truck already (we have one here) or be willing to rent one for a day. You might get a break on a multiple machine move but expect to pay for driving time between cities on top of the moves.

to clarify, question one was asking if its better to just have the pros load and unload and the driving is done yourself or its it better to just have the pros load drive and unload

keep in mind this is a 1+ hr drive(SD to OC

Now I understand.  I doubt that you could afford hiring guys to come to your location to load and paying another group to come out to the second location to unload for less than it would cost to have one crew make the whole move.  I pay to have machines moved an hour away very often and it doesn't up the price that much - all the work is in getting the machines in location.  the logistics of arranging the time table for the two groups would be hell.

I'm lucky as when I move my 2 machines to the location, there is one 30'+ wide hanger door to take it through and it doesnt even have a lip for a doorseal!.... Loading it on the trailer at the garage, totally a different story, but i'm getting smarter about all this each time!

Archived