Vendo Vue30/40

Randy 805

So, I think I've decided that any new drink machines I acquire will need to be glass front bottle drops, I have nothing against the column loaders, I own quite a few of them and really like them but since my goal has become to go after the bigger spots I need the nicer equipment.  That said, I'm kind of leaning toward the Vendo Vue models, the 30 & 40, my supplier seems to have a good steady supply of these and of all the bottle drops he offers he reccomends these the most.  I quite like the Vendo equipment that I have and wouldn't be opposed to owning a newer version of them.  What have your experiances with this model been?  Good / bad, Pros / Cons?  Any other recomondations for bottle drops?  I've heard the DN Bevmax is also a popular choice but that anything shy of the Bevmax 4 model isn't worth the time...

Does the Vendo Vue's have a guaranteed vend system?

The Vue is not a bottle drop machine, it is a robotic delivery like the Bevmax. The Vue had a lot of issues early on, so bad that Coke got out of a contract with them for equipment. They are large heavy beasts, almost 900 lbs and almost every time I move one doors have to be removed to get the extra inch.

Because of their known issues they are not popular with the large companies and prices for this machine are usually on the low side of prices ranges for glassfronts. I've got 5 and with the hand, software and wiring upgrades in place they are decent machines, far from my favorite but if I can get them for 1000 I will buy.

As Mission stated, the Vue must be updated for it to work properly and then you don't want it in a location whose employees might try to defeat the delivery door as it is fragile and easy to break.  These types of issues are also what DN went through with the Bevmax elevator machine evolution.  The Bev 3 has all the updates the Bev 2 needed and the Bev 4 has even more updates that the Bev 3 needed.  This is why the Bev 4 is the one recommended to use.

Speaking of the size and weight, the original Bevmax bottle drop without the elevator is the easiest glassfront to fit through a door but also the only one that will fit in the back of a pickup sized truck.  The width of the Bev2, 3, and 4 are too wide to fit in a standard pickup or service body (5" wider than the Vue 40) and they are a golpher to load the long way as one end hangs off the lift gate.  I'm guessing your supplier has a larger bed truck they use for moving machines but if you ever move away from your supplier you might have to find someone with a larger truck bed to move the elevator machines.

Archived