Problem With a DN 501T 280-2

Brent

Hey folks,

I'm a new guy to the forum.  I have a pop machine that is about 30 years old and the compressor died.  I figured it was time to update.  I picked up a DN 501T 280-8 a couple nights ago to replace the old machine. The seller said it was 100% working great and it looked nice and clean. I moved it to my business and put it in the break room.  I let it sit for 48 hours before I pluged it in.  One of the motors turns but doesn't turn inside the machine.  Took it apart and the roll/sheer pin is missing, so I'll need to replace that.  It has another problem that has me really confused.  If I put money in to the machine and hit the vend button for the number the #2 slot, a soda come out. Hit the vend button again (on #2) and it cycles again.  It will keep cycling without putting any money in the machine until you hit the one of the other button (1,3,4,5,6,7,B). Everything else works as it should.  Any ideas to what the problem may be?  Thank you in advance for any responses / help anyone may have.

Thank you,

Brent

"It has another problem that has me really confused.  If I put money in to the machine and hit the vend button for the number the #2 slot, a soda come out. Hit the vend button again (on #2) and it cycles again.  It will keep cycling without putting any money in the machine until you hit the one of the other button (1,3,4,5,6,7, B). Everything else works as it should.  Any ideas to what the problem may be?  Thank you in advance for any responses / help anyone may have."

May be a bad vend motor switch. Check the continuity of the switch on the #2 vend motor, both open and closed.

Welcome to the forum, Brent!  You have come to the best place to get help and advice regarding full line vending.

Your problem with the sheared pin does require a replacement motor.  The problem with column 2 not cancelling the credit, with the credit  then being cancelled by pressing any other selection button is caused by a bad cluster switch on the motor. 

I can ship you a replacement used motor for your narrow column with a good cluster switch on it.  You can then move the cluster switch from your bad motor to the motor on column 2.  You may PM me for the replacement motor and I can ship it to you tomorrow via USPS Priority Mail.

Archived