what to do with flat tatts/stickers that died or never did sell

Tbuford

Over my years in business I learned that sometimes tats and stickers die and some never sold good.  Now I buy almost exclusively tats and almost exclusively from VSI and I stay away from boy bands and movie stuff or just order enough that I feel I can sell all of them in a couple months. Problem is I have collected about 30 boxes.  What to do with all these old tats, besides capping them and putting slowly into 2" junk mix?

Any ideas?  I thought about trying to sell on ebay for 10 bucks plus shipping a box.  What do you do with your flat stuff that won't sell?

For tatts get the boy/girl mix fronts that flatline uses when they combine multiple series (they advertise like 100 different tatts on them) I've never had problems with mixing the stale tatts with that style front.

I've got a fair number of stale stickers that I can't give away!

mystery mixes at .25 ..I blow all my old crap out like this in slots on my machines..

I agree 100% with sprint.  I get rid of all my slow selling stuff in a quarter mystery mix.  Flatline has a nice mystery mix display.

It sells?  Maybe I'll try.  Is anyone else selling slow moving dead flat for .25 and how successful are you with it?

thx

Yes, they sell.

Like Spring54, I put my stale and left-over flat in mystery mix columns at .25 and they do fine.

Don't expect to sell 300 of them a month in every machine, but the mystery column works...you will go through your slow movers this way.

I've seen the labels for mystery mix flat, but decided to make my own.

Nothing fancy, but it advertises the .25 price and labels from suppliers don't.

Because the .25 price is probably the appeal to kids, I like it being clearly advertised.

Here's a sample of the label I use:

post-1506-0-06077100-1392641643_thumb.jpg

I'd be interested in how old some of your "old" boxes are and what you've got in there. for $10 a box I might be interested in taking some of it off your hands.
I've been running 90's deadstock out of my sticker machine (garbage pail kids cards, power rangers, etc) marked as "rare!" / "vintage!" and doing OK. Pulled $190 out of the trays last month (set at $1 and $2 vend). Some of those old smileys are so bad they're good again.

and thats how they get rid of stuff that dont sell anymore.

mystery box.

You mean Flatline actually SELLS boxes of "mystery mix"?

I thought they only sold the displays for mystery mix so that vendors could unload slow movers...didn't know they sold boxes of their own slow moving flat product as a mix.

Archived